What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
(SBB) Storm

[RANT] The Queue in an Apple Store

Alright, I may have placed "[RANT]" in there, but I'ma use as little profanity as I can.

So I just went to a big mall today and three of my cousin's kids all have iPhone 6s, one having the 6+, all for three years. I've been hearing from them how fucking unusable they are after some recent updates. So I went to an Apple Store because I... are you ready for this?

Spoiler

I wanted to get those three kids an iPhone X each for Christmas, because despite them being older now, getting into this rebelious stage in life, they always welcome me and love to hang out with their uncle and I love it. THEY ROCK.

THAT'S A PRETTY SPENDY DAY, RIGHT? So I walked in there, being greeted by the smell of semen as they love it in every Apple Store, as one employee came up to me and asked: "Can I help you?" I said: "Yes! I'd like to get 3 iPhone Xs please" and she asked: "3 of them? Today?", I was like: "Yeah!" and she was: "Alright, well stand right here, I'll put you in the queue." So basically stand right next to this Apple TV. I stood next to this fucking Apple TV for 30 minutes and people were coming in and they were getting helped while I was still standing next to this stupid Apple TV. So finally, I go to this other lady and I'm like: "Can I see where I am in line?" and she goes: "Oh, it looks like you're not in the queue. I'll make sure you go next." So it's been another half an hour I've been standing around and finally, some guy comes up to me and goes: "How can I help you?" I said the same I said to the first lady, trying to buy 3 iPhone Xs and keep in mind: There're desks, FULL of iPhones. Like, have you been to an Apple Store? There's like rows and rows of iPhones so you could check them all out to see which one you want. But the dude told me that you can only get the iPhone X online. Okay, so first off. Why do you have all these phones here if I can't buy it in the store? That's number 1. Number 2, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME AN HOUR AGO THAT I COULDN'T GET THE IPHONE X HERE, INSTEAD YOU MADE ME STAND IN LINE TO ONLY BE TOLD I CAN'T GET IT IN THE STORE.

I walked out.

Went to another Apple Store and got them.

Skeezix the Cat and ST34MF0X like this

Tiddy-bits:

15 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

Buying shit in person really sucks.

Yeah. Sometimes I'd rather wait 2-3 days for an item to ship than go to a store and get it, even if the store sells it at the same price.

14 hours ago, Sunstriker7 said:

Any company that calls their sales people Geniuses gets an immediate +3 to their Faggotry skill.

Yeah. Here's a pretty cool ~11 minute video about this. The guy repairs a MacBook Air board and talks about "geniuses" and authorized repair centers being a joke:

He also made a video where he repaired a motherboard drunk. The Genius bar supposedly said that the board was unrepairable to someone who later brought it to him, and he repaired the board while drunk:

ST34MF0X, Sunstriker7, swamp and 1 other like this

14 hours ago, Krazychic said:

Your story reads exactly as a provider store over here in Australia. What's with this glimmer of hope sales staff give by approaching you almost instantly as you enter the store, only to be told wait over there and they'll get you some help?

In Germany, that's super common with trainees who work for free. They know barely the damnedest about the place they work for, but will be the first ones to ask a customer if they need help, only to redirect everything else to someone who gets paid there with the most half-sober request in "hey, there's someone that needs you!". And all for the low low price of job experience.

I believe Apple Retail is setup on a triage type system similar to what was used at AT&T, drives some customers nuts that they cant just walk-in and pay a bill or pickup a car charger off the shelf and pay for it. They have to wait, get put into the que and wait to be assisted by a salesperson. They do that so as to put a salesperson in front of each customer so that the salesperson can try and sell them something or upsell, tell them about promos etc. Its designed to increase sales and if when executed properly can turn a no sale or a bill pay into a sale, often a big one.

(SBB) Storm likes this

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg