What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

Bacon

Bacon   13 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
18 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I like moose bacon. Unfortunately, I can't experience that amazing taste anymore since I moved away from Alaska.....

7 hours ago, PopeTX28 said:

I like moose bacon. Unfortunately, I can't experience that amazing taste anymore since I moved away from Alaska.....

Where were you from in Alaska? I was born in Kodiak.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Anchorage. Lived there for 25 years, now I'm in Texas. I was recently hired, and now I'm moving to San Antonio to move in my own place. Which is something I could never do in Anchorage unless I had a high paying job....

Takka and (SBB) Storm like this

9 minutes ago, PopeTX28 said:

I was recently hired, and now I'm moving to San Antonio to move in my own place.

Nice; what sort of work?

35 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

Nice; what sort of work?

IT work. Basically, I want to be a data center tech or a network engineer. Right now I'm starting as a desktop support tech, but they offer promotions almost instantly once you get certain certifications.

Where are you at now? That's awesome you were born in Kodiak.

But in terms of the topic; bacon could have been another possible reason for moving to Texas, not the job....heheheh.

(SBB) Storm likes this

17 minutes ago, PopeTX28 said:

IT work. Basically, I want to be a data center tech or a network engineer. Right now I'm starting as a desktop support tech, but they offer promotions almost instantly once you get certain certifications.

Oh nice, that's pretty much exactly what @As7raios ended up doing, too.

17 minutes ago, PopeTX28 said:

Where are you at now? That's awesome you were born in Kodiak.

California, in the Sierra Nevada nearish Tahoe.

I used to work as a telecommunications technician for a WISP (was laid off after new company bought them out), and am sort of getting back into that with another company now. In the meantime I'm just doing contracted tower climbs for work on their radios. They keep telling me they're going to bring me on as a full-time installer and AP technician, but say they can't afford to quite yet. I keep hearing "next month" =|