Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ST34MF0X

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is TiaraCE a mod?

A: No.

Q: Is TiaraCE a standalone game?

A: No.

Q: What is TiaraCE?

A: TiaraCE is an open-source, cross-platform reimplementation of the Halo Custom Edition engine.

Q: What can I do with TiaraCE?

A: TiaraCE will let you play maps made for Halo Custom Edition on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and allow you to connect to servers for online play. You'll also be able to host your own servers within a feature-rich dedicated server.

Q: Will TiaraCE support HAC2?

A: No. You won't need it. All of HAC2's features will be built into TiaraCE after the release of TiaraCE v.1.0. The same applies to SAPP and Chimera. 

Q: Will you add X feature?

A: Any and all enhancement features will be added after the release of TiaraCE v.1.0. Until then, we are focusing on 1:1 compatibility with Halo Custom Edition.

Q: Can I test the it?

A: As of the time of writing, we are still in the research stage and laying out the fundamentals. You can become a tester, but you'll have to wait a while before there will be anything to test.

Q: Can I help with the project?

A: If you know C++, feel free to show us a portfolio or a sample of your work, and we'll see if we can hook you up. If you can't code, you can always sign up as a tester, or you can help us with research on the inner workings of Halo Custom Edition's engine.

Edited by ST34MF0X
Weyland likes this

Founder and current project lead of the TiaraCE project.

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.