Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

ST34MF0X

Ahoy, folks!

Hello, everybody!

I'm SteamFox. I've been a player of Halo Custom Edition on and off since around 2009. I've always loved modding games or attempting to create my own, and started off with Doom (1993) modding. I really liked being able to alter a game's graphics, sounds, levels, and even game mechanics. I've never done any sort of modding for HCE, but always was intrigued by the idea.

Fast forward to present-day, I still tinker with game design and some light modding, but have mostly moved to simple Python programs and BASH scripts. I had been a lurker in the dark here for a while, admiring some of the work done here. I joined in order to ask questions and congratulate some of the users here.  I'm learning C++ and intend to eventually learn more. I recently attempted to get into Halo modding, but most of the tolls do not work for me or crash constantly.

Thanks to the issues I am faced with, as well as the need for a proper HCE for Mac and/or Linux, I chose to start up the TiaraCE project. I'll likely start a dedicated topic for Tiara, as it is not all that relevant to my joining the Open Carnage Forums.

Pfhunkie, (SBB) Storm and Tucker933 like this

Founder and current project lead of the TiaraCE project.

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

2 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

Welcome! Your background fits in quite well here. =]

Thanks! Really hoping to get more involved with things, in the near future.

Tucker933 likes this

2 minutes ago, ST34MF0X said:

Thanks! Really hoping to get more involved with things, in the near future.

If you're interested in posting about updates to TiaraCE here, we could set you up with your own section for it.

I know you have a Discord for much of that purpose, but if it's on a website it's also searchable.

ST34MF0X likes this

Just now, Tucker933 said:

If you're interested in posting about updates to TiaraCE here, we could set you up with your own section for it.

I know you have a Discord for much of that purpose, but if it's on a website it's also searchable.

This sounds like a really good idea. We have some people working on a website for the project, but it's unfinished at the moment, and needs quite some work. Besides that, having a place here would solve our lack of a proper forum.

1 minute ago, ST34MF0X said:

This sounds like a really good idea. We have some people working on a website for the project, but it's unfinished at the moment, and needs quite some work. Besides that, having a place here would solve our lack of a proper forum.

Will continue this in PM.

ST34MF0X likes this