Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Badga666

IT LIVES!

So about a year ago, my dear old Nautilus (Rebuildable tank/atomizer for my vape) stopped working.

I tried many a thing to get it to produce vapour, and thus quench my nicotine starvation, however, cleaning everything out and even replacing parts yielded only temporary relief.

After many months and quite alot of cash spent, I unfortunately, gave up.

BUT THEN!

The other night I was rummaging around looking for my USB stash to fix my broken ass PC up with a new windows installation, when suddenly...

THE VAPE WAS FOUND!

So I began fiddling around with it again, tried and retried many possible solutions to my dilemma.

So I pulled out a torch and got a closer look at the atomizer, which seemed only slightly dirty, nevertheless, I gave it a clean.

Still nothing, so I had another peek in there, saw some black gunk, thought "Seems pretty normal for the wick to burn up a little over time, so i'm sure its nothing major".

Suddenly I had an idea, what if it wasn't the cotton wick I was looking at, but a build up of grime?

I WAS CORRECT.

Ran for the cupboard, grabbed a toothpick, and started plucking out a bunch of crap that shouldn't have ever shown up.

Never the less, the Naut is now working better than it did when I first bought it.

Moral of the story: Persistence is key.

Sorry for the long post, heres a potato:

G3Jq9xM.png

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

11 minutes ago, Krazychic said:

Sometimes it's good to put something aside and revisit with a clearer head and fresh mind :)

Or far more anger, it was quite the ordeal I assure you.

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017