Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

(SBB) Storm

What's up everybody, this is Storm from (SBB) Storm & Blackbird

15 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Hey dude; great to finally have you here, and thanks for the compliments. =]

How did you end up getting into Halo originally?

elo-thnk.png

28 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

How did you end up getting into Halo originally?

It was when my best friend Blackbird got an original Xbox as a present and invited me over to play some games, one of them being Halo 1 which we ended up playing all day. I was sure as hell lucky cuz it's very rare to see an Xbox owner in Germany, especially nowadays where PS4 + FIFA is the norm :P

Tucker933 likes this

1 minute ago, (SBB) Storm said:

It was when my best friend Blackbird got an original Xbox as a present and invited me over to play some games, one of them being Halo 1 which we ended up playing all day.

That's exactly how it went down for me. I just had a PS2 at the time, and Halo alone sold me on getting an Xbox. I didn't end up reaching that goal until Halo 2 was out, though.

(SBB) Storm and Pfhunkie like this

elo-thnk.png

7 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

That's exactly how it went down for me. I just had a PS2 at the time, and Halo alone sold me on getting an Xbox. I didn't end up reaching that goal until Halo 2 was out, though.

oooooooooooooo yeah, I only ever had a PS1 and a Gameboy to enjoy myself (bro wouldn't share his cool new PS2), but when I did get older, I bought myself the 360 as well and brought it everywhere with me, no joke. Brought it when I visited relatives from far away (their kids still love me for it), brought it with me on super long connection flights in the hotel, brought it with me at work one time on the day before Christmas. Shit was awesome :D

Tucker933 likes this

Hahahah. The 360 was my last console; only ever had it for the Halo series. I played Halo 2 to death on the original Xbox, and I only had dial-up, so no XBL for me until much later.

I ended up getting into computers because I found out about Halo PC through a friend, and figured I could use it on dial-up. 2-3k ping and I couldn't kill anything, but man I loved every second of it. I'd never played multiplayer before that.

(SBB) Storm likes this

elo-thnk.png

Welcome Storm! Great to have you here.

(SBB) Storm likes this

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

"What's up everybody" the Official Storm greeting. I think you can lay claim to it coz I'm sure, as I did, everybody that read the thread title heard you say it as they read it.

Congrats on the upgrade from lurker to member, I mean welcome :)

Tucker933 and (SBB) Storm like this

Rumors are carried by haters
Spread by fools
and
Accepted by idiots