What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

2017 Map Competition - VOTING

CE Map Competition   30 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Pick your favorite!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
33 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Tucker933 said:

I do believe there was an FRG on the bridge.

Yeah I remember that.

Though to get it, you'd need to drive there or walk there, both of which would be dangerous as there is a lot of heat in that part of the map.

PopeTX28 likes this

Tiddy-bits:

I think camo would've been a good addition in a couple places in the center area. I just really don't like overshields in Halo 1 in particular because you can't tell if someone has one, and in later games it was persistently flared, which also made you more obvious in a trade-off.

PopeTX28 likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

2 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

I think camo would've been a good addition in a couple places in the center area. I just really don't like overshields in Halo 1 in particular because you can't tell if someone has one, and in later games it was persistently flared, which also made you more obvious in a trade-off.

I suppose with Chimera scripting, it could be possible to dynamically switch between bipeds if a biped has an overshield or not. This would allow you to reference a different shield flare texture (such as a red one instead of yellow) for the overshield biped.

Takka likes this

Yeah, I tried to make the FRG be a 'high risk, high reward item'. As for the over shield, that is a good point. I think the default is that it switches between over shield and invisibility. Primarily, the reason why I think an over shield would be useful is because of all the vehicles. But yeah, it's hard to tell if someone has an over shield before it's too late. It would be cool to have a solution to that problem.

7 hours ago, Krazychic said:

I'm undecided, keep changing my vote before I click so each of those with a submittion tell me why I should vote for your map.

Oh and your response doesn't have to be a serious one ;)

I only entered because when I said I wasn't going to make it, I could feel Tucker's disappointment. It was overwhelming, it got to me, and started fucking with my conscious.

Krazychic, WaeV and Takka like this