What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

2017 Map Competition - VOTING

CE Map Competition   30 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Pick your favorite!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
33 posts in this topic

Alas, this is the voting topic for the CE Map Competition!

Voting Rules

• Must have a post count of at least 5 on the forum (unless an entrant of the contest).
  • Entrants cannot vote for themselves, however they can abstain from voting.

Voting Deadline

November 18th @ 11:59pm EST (‎UTC-5:00)

Prizes

1st Place: $50 (USD via PayPal) + 15 Raffle Tickets + Mass-email promoting winning map

2nd Place: $30 (USD via PayPal) + 10 Raffle Tickets

3rd Place: 5 Raffle Tickets

Submissions

PopeTX28 likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

9 minutes ago, PopeTX28 said:

Ugh, this is getting really tight. :)

So far both yours and aLTis' map have one null vote due to a couple guys voiding the rules lol so you're still even after that.

PopeTX28 and Kavawuvi like this

That's unfortunate that the snipers were overwhelming on the map. I wish I could have tested weapon balance. How about the rocket spawns when you exit from the teleporters? Was that good or not? I tried to make it so that if an enemy has a flag, then it gives the opposing team a chance to cutoff the opponent if they are in a vehicle. I wasn't too sure if having rocket launchers at the teleporters and a fuel rod gun on the bridge was too OP. 

5 hours ago, PopeTX28 said:

That's unfortunate that the snipers were overwhelming on the map. I wish I could have tested weapon balance. How about the rocket spawns when you exit from the teleporters? Was that good or not? I tried to make it so that if an enemy has a flag, then it gives the opposing team a chance to cutoff the opponent if they are in a vehicle. I wasn't too sure if having rocket launchers at the teleporters and a fuel rod gun on the bridge was too OP. 

They were often used to rush the bases to get the flag, but that probably would have happened just as often even if you just had one power weapon.

The only issue I had was with the overabundance of snipers, as they made it required to use vehicles, although the tank was completely unusable outside of base defense due to how easy it is to snipe the driver.

PopeTX28 and Takka like this

The rocket spawns were right. With the amount of vehicles, it makes sense to have that amount and they were in the right spot. I can't seem to remember if there was something in the middle of the bridge. If not, you ought to put something there to add some more risk/reward to the center of the map. If there weren't already multiple rocket launcher and overshields, I would suggest either of those. Then again, I might just be forgetting because I didn't spend much time on the bridge.

Kavawuvi, Takka and PopeTX28 like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

5 minutes ago, As7raios said:

I can't seem to remember if there was something in the middle of the bridge. If not, you ought to put something there to add some more risk/reward to the center of the map. If there weren't already multiple rocket launcher and overshields, I would suggest either of those. Then again, I might just be forgetting because I didn't spend much time on the bridge.

I do believe there was an FRG on the bridge.

PopeTX28 likes this