Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Tucker933

Ice Floe CE

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Going to be updating this soonish, mostly to address the issues with flow, so that the top of the map isn't so heavily favored. The weapon layout is ultimately going to be the most significant change.

Krazychic likes this

elo-thnk.png

I did find with so many playing it was few and far between finding a specialty weapon. Maybe weapon respawn time can be reduced or an added location for each.

I also found it frustrating to kill near enemy flag only for them to respawn in front of you and any other player repawning after being killed elsewhere on the map.

Rumors are carried by haters
Spread by fools
and
Accepted by idiots

8 hours ago, Krazychic said:

I did find with so many playing it was few and far between finding a specialty weapon. Maybe weapon respawn time can be reduced or an added location for each.

That's generally supposed to be the case with specialty weapons, so I prefer keeping them just as common as they are now. Their placement locations turned out to be much less than ideal, though.

8 hours ago, Krazychic said:

I also found it frustrating to kill near enemy flag only for them to respawn in front of you and any other player repawning after being killed elsewhere on the map.

That's the nature of CTF on just about any Halo map ...or other games with a CTF variant. You always want the flag near the spawns, and given that there's a teleporter so close to the flags, escape is a lot easier for a flag-carrier here.

elo-thnk.png

3 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

That's the nature of CTF on just about any Halo map ...or other games with a CTF variant. You always want the flag near the spawns, and given that there's a teleporter so close to the flags, escape is a lot easier for a flag-carrier here.

I understand that but the spawn points I felt were too compact for the area.  This being said I don't have the ability to view the map in sparkedit etc so it may have just been a case of loads of deaths disadvantaged the area at the time, possibly due to the bridge traffic.

17 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

so that the top of the map isn't so heavily favored.

Rumors are carried by haters
Spread by fools
and
Accepted by idiots

Just now, Krazychic said:

...the spawn points I felt were too compact for the area.  This being said I don't have the ability to view the map in sparkedit etc so it may have just been a case of loads of deaths disadvantaged the area at the time, possibly due to the bridge traffic.

There are 8 CTF spawns in each base (flag) area, and 6 additional on the outskirts of the bases. The spawn and flag layouts are very similar to what's on Phoenix.

Krazychic likes this

elo-thnk.png

On 11/14/2017 at 8:54 PM, Tucker933 said:

Going to be updating this soonish, mostly to address the issues with flow, so that the top of the map isn't so heavily favored. The weapon layout is ultimately going to be the most significant change.

It's now updated, and a fair bit more than just the weapon layout was adjusted to solve the problems with the top of the map being so heavily favored.

Going to be getting this on HAC2 now.

elo-thnk.png

5 hours ago, (SBB) Storm said:

Gotta word it out.

Features @aLTis, @Vuthakral, @SBBMichelle, @Lateksi and more!

Lol I'm sad my update wasn't quick enough for you guys to use, but that was entertaining. Seems to play better with fewer people like that ...compared to when we had our game night. That was a total clusterfuck of carnage.

(SBB) Storm likes this

elo-thnk.png

1 hour ago, Tucker933 said:

Lol I'm sad my update wasn't quick enough for you guys to use, but that was entertaining. Seems to play better with fewer people like that ...compared to when we had our game night. That was a total clusterfuck of carnage.

A full or almost full lobby of people on only 1/3 of the maps regular playspace? What could possibly go wrong?

(SBB) Storm and Tucker933 like this