What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Krazychic

Mobile Phones During Customer Service

11 posts in this topic

After reading this article I wondered where you guys stand on this type of thing?

105qukg.jpg

I find it quite rude of one to be in conversation on a call whilst being served regardless of the importance of the phone call.  I will answer my phone but excuse myself to the cashier and then the caller and tell the caller I will either call them back or for them to call in a set time when I'm free to talk.  I would never in my wildest dreams be as rude as the customer in the video accompanying the article then follow on with a bad review.  *agreeing that the same customer wrote the review.

Enclusion likes this

Tiddy-bits:

I'll just straight up ignore and call them back as soon as I'm done.

My boss hates it, but he'll live.

Edit: Of course I posted that without reading the article, but after reading I have some more to add. I have and Aunt and Uncle that live in Salt Lake City. My Aunt is native to Thailand and came to states when she was 19. A couple of years ago they started a Thai restaurant. I visited them for the first time in a while at their restaurant and one thing I asked them about was the types of customers they get. They both get extremely annoyed by customers leaving bogus reviews all the time. One example that stood out is this one guy that wanted a dish prepared a very certain way with an ingredient not usually part of that dish. They happily obliged but thought that it was a weird request and it didn't seem like it would be all that good. But hey, whatever the customer wants. Then the customer leaves them a bad review saying their food isn't that good. And then there's the classic douchebags who loudly complain about their (perfecetly fine) meals and try to have them comp'd or discounted and when my Uncle refuses to do so, they leave a negative review.

The video is about cell phones, specifically, but I think there's a much bigger issue here. My Aunt and Uncle despise the fact that these people leave reviews like this and the services that provide those reviews do provide any way for the businesses to defend themselves.

There should be a way for businesses to leave reviews for customers.

Edited by Sunstriker7
Solaris and Enclusion like this

Yeah, to add something else:

Just because I have a phone on me almost constantly, it does not mean that I have to answer it whenever it rings.

Common misconception.

Edited by Sunstriker7
Krazychic and WaeV like this

I've only ever been in a situation where the whole call I receive/make relates to the customer, so they've needed to be in on the conversation.

On 9/30/2017 at 6:11 AM, Sunstriker7 said:

This is what I'd do in every other situation.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

For most cases, I ignore it; however, I have on call through work so I have to take that. If I do take that, I drop everything I'm doing and leave. 

Enclusion likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

On 9/30/2017 at 9:11 AM, Sunstriker7 said:

My boss hates it, but he'll live.

Edit: Of course I posted that without reading the article, but after reading I have some more to add. I have and Aunt and Uncle that live in Salt Lake City. My Aunt is native to Thailand and came to states when she was 19. A couple of years ago they started a Thai restaurant. I visited them for the first time in a while at their restaurant and one thing I asked them about was the types of customers they get. They both get extremely annoyed by customers leaving bogus reviews all the time. One example that stood out is this one guy that wanted a dish prepared a very certain way with an ingredient not usually part of that dish. They happily obliged but thought that it was a weird request and it didn't seem like it would be all that good. But hey, whatever the customer wants. Then the customer leaves them a bad review saying their food isn't that good. And then there's the classic douchebags who loudly complain about their (perfecetly fine) meals and try to have them comp'd or discounted and when my Uncle refuses to do so, they leave a negative review.

The video is about cell phones, specifically, but I think there's a much bigger issue here. My Aunt and Uncle despise the fact that these people leave reviews like this and the services that provide those reviews do provide any way for the businesses to defend themselves.

There should be a way for businesses to leave reviews for customers.

What is the general age demographic for the people that leave bad reviews? It's been in my experience it's usually the older generations that tend to feel entitled to discounts, refunds and try to play the system by bitching about everything and anything.

Edit: Better Business Bureau (BBB) used to be decent but they fell under the same trap of crappy reviews and most of the time it's bots that are employed by a competitor to shut down competition.

Edited by Solaris

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

On 9/30/2017 at 8:48 AM, Sunstriker7 said:

Just because I have a phone on me almost constantly, it does not mean that I have to answer it whenever it rings.

Agreed. I almost never answer my phone regardless of where I am.

At this point "phone" is kind of a misnomer. This isn't a telephone, it's an internet rectangle.

Takka likes this

On 11/26/2017 at 8:47 AM, Solaris said:

What is the general age demographic for the people that leave bad reviews?

The handful that they showed me was from Google reviews. It seemed to be people ranging from their late 20's to middle aged.