What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

2017 Map Competition - Submissions

40 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

If you guys make a WiP topic for your entries in our development section, I'll move them to a dedicated section for the duration of this competition (for greater exposure). They'll be moved back to the development section at its conclusion.

WaeV and Sceny like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I've got one question in regards to rule 2: Does everything have to be custom? Weapons, Vehicles, Bipeds, Textures?

For example, If I modeled a BSP from scratch, do I have to create custom textures for it? Or can I unwrap the BSP using stock textures? Or do I need to create my own textures? I'm needing to know the level of detail in which custom content is needed. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, PopeTX28 said:

I've got one question in regards to rule 2: Does everything have to be custom? Weapons, Vehicles, Bipeds, Textures?

For example, If I modeled a BSP from scratch, do I have to create custom textures for it? Or can I unwrap the BSP using stock textures? Or do I need to create my own textures? I'm needing to know the level of detail in which custom content is needed. 

Thanks

You can use stock assets as much as you want, and I'm also not going to be terribly strict on ripped content (non-stock third-party stuff) unless it looks like that's almost all the release consists of.

PopeTX28 likes this

2 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

You can use stock assets as much as you want, and I'm also not going to be terribly strict on ripped content (non-stock third-party stuff) unless it looks like that's almost all the release consists of.

I think it goes without saying that those types of entries wouldn't get votes anyway.

WaeV and Takka like this

I've got a concept I'm working already. Hoping to start my WiP topic tomorrow. =D

gsccon and Sceny like this

What criteria will be used for judging maps? For example will a good-looking-but-poorly-designed map win over a bad-looking-but-well-designed map?

1 hour ago, stunt_man said:

What criteria will be used for judging maps? For example will a good-looking-but-poorly-designed map win over a bad-looking-but-well-designed map?

It's up to users to vote I assume.

08f9474ede.jpg