Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Tucker933

Map Competition - Halo CE

24 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

If you guys make a WiP topic for your entries in our development section, I'll move them to a dedicated section for the duration of this competition (for greater exposure). They'll be moved back to the development section at its conclusion.

Sceny and WaeV like this

2nd-landin.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got one question in regards to rule 2: Does everything have to be custom? Weapons, Vehicles, Bipeds, Textures?

 

For example, If I modeled a BSP from scratch, do I have to create custom textures for it? Or can I unwrap the BSP using stock textures? Or do I need to create my own textures? I'm needing to know the level of detail in which custom content is needed. 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PopeTX28 said:

I've got one question in regards to rule 2: Does everything have to be custom? Weapons, Vehicles, Bipeds, Textures?

 

For example, If I modeled a BSP from scratch, do I have to create custom textures for it? Or can I unwrap the BSP using stock textures? Or do I need to create my own textures? I'm needing to know the level of detail in which custom content is needed. 

 

Thanks

You can use stock assets as much as you want, and I'm also not going to be terribly strict on ripped content (non-stock third-party stuff) unless it looks like that's almost all the release consists of.

PopeTX28 likes this

2nd-landin.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

You can use stock assets as much as you want, and I'm also not going to be terribly strict on ripped content (non-stock third-party stuff) unless it looks like that's almost all the release consists of.

I think it goes without saying that those types of entries wouldn't get votes anyway.

Tucker933 and WaeV like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What criteria will be used for judging maps? For example will a good-looking-but-poorly-designed map win over a bad-looking-but-well-designed map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stunt_man said:

What criteria will be used for judging maps? For example will a good-looking-but-poorly-designed map win over a bad-looking-but-well-designed map?

It's up to users to vote I assume.


08f9474ede.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.