What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Modding Competition?

I'm curious who would be interested in a CE modding competition, with probably a month and a half duration.

Entries would have to be map releases and not just assets, not primarily consist of third-party rips, and projects already underway would be allowed, as long as they hadn't been formally announced prior to the competition.

Members would vote on the winner, and the prize would be cash via PayPal as well as raffle tickets.

---

Edit: Competition Opened

Sceny likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

I plan on participating as well, though by making an HPC mod and then converting to CE, as I've really never worked with CE tools before lol

I'm definitely interested, I've got to ask though, would there be any restrictions on what we can and can't do?

Also in regards to "not consist primarily of third party rips" what would be considered "too much"?, I currently have a few tags using models from other Halo games but are defined by a custom bitmap or shaders, as I could never get any of the jms plugins to work for some reason

1 hour ago, Vuthakral said:

I'm definitely interested, I've got to ask though, would there be any restrictions on what we can and can't do?

Will cover this in the topic for this I'm posting soon, as there's enough interest to start the competition.

1 hour ago, Vuthakral said:

Also in regards to "not consist primarily of third party rips" what would be considered "too much"?, I currently have a few tags using models from other Halo games but are defined by a custom bitmap or shaders, as I could never get any of the jms plugins to work for some reason

More than about 50% non-stock content you didn't make is what I mean by that. There's going to be no easy judge of that, so it will only really be enforced if a release appears to be almost all ripped content.

---

Edit: Topic Made