Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SomeFan

OpenSauce v4 & HAC2 compatibility fixes for Halo CE v10

Is Halo Anticheat 2 causing your game to crash? Well you can thank OpenSauce for that, because they are not compatible with eachother! Here i will detail how to fix this with a little history, for posterity.

On Mar 3, 2015  Btcc22 Released a dll to fix Halo CE crashing when using HAC2 with OpenSauce v4 installed. As of November 8, 2016 he stopped hosting it, but thanks to an Internet archive you can still download version 2.2.0.7a (saved  March 4, 2016) only Windows 7 is supported by this version. Rîshî Rãj made this video to help people understand how to use it.

How to install    

1. Download hac.dll  from: The Internet Archive , also mirrored here: OpenSauce v4 & HAC2 compatibility fix for Halo CE v10.zip

2. unziping if necessary, copy hac.dll & place it in  Halo CE's main folder 
                                         32 bit OS's "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition" 
                                         64 bit OS's "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition" 

Running as administrator might help map downloading

On April 9, 2017 (SBB) Storm & (SBB) Michelle Released their own fix, but this one uses a completely different method to fix the problem then Btcc22's version. They did not intend to make one, but accidentally did in the process of trial and error! This version supports Windows 8 and 10.

How to install

1. Download hac.dll from there discord channel, also mirrored here OpenSauce v4 & HAC2 fix for WIN 10.zip
  2. Copy hac.dll  to your Halo CE's installations main folder "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\ (you will see haloce.exe in there).
  3. Add -no_os_gamestate to your shortcut's "property target" as shown: http://i.imgur.com/sp4UEwE.png
  4. Un-tick map downloading in Open Sauce to avoid irregularities: http://i.imgur.com/jayKXGZ.png

please note that these will not work for some, sorry that i don't know the reason but i'm willing to try & fix your issue.  these are also open-source so You can make it your own:  Open-Sauce source,  HAC2 source

Edited by SomeFan
Tucker933, gsccon and WaeV like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

After recent discussions with SBB Michelle in the Chimera Disccord server, I've learned that this fix is only valid for an older version of HAC2 and will turn off most if not all of OS's functions. In the end, not a very effective fix.

WaeV and Sunstriker7 like this

Posted (edited)

there are two fixes, one by  Btcc22 & one by  (SBB) Michelle, although it seems she is not proud of her fix with this to say

I was trying to work on an actual compatibility fix by editing some of the inner workings of opensauce, when it turned out that all my testing was for nothing, because I was an idiot and left that startup argument in. What made it worse is that I apparently had a hac2 build that wasn't the newest
Aka, I learned how to make an outdated build work with opensauce
But did not reach my goal of making them work together without dumb workarounds.

You essentially just disabled most of pensauce's features and a lot of opensauce maps will crash. I mean it works
It just shouldn't be used for singleplayer or 500mb map files

NOTE:  on windows 7 opensauce and hac2 already work together if you turn off opensauce's hud scaling, open OS_Settings.User.xml  Documents\My Games\Halo CE\OpenSauce & change 

<ScaleHUD>true</ScaleHUD> to  <ScaleHUD>false</ScaleHUD>.  or in a match press F1 & find it there.

considering i don't have a Windows 10 PC & i'm not the author of ether one i simple relay the information given to me with the hope it will be useful. iv'e tested Btcc22's fix & it worked for me. with Chimera's compatibility with HAC2 being depreciated it seems having multiple install's of Halo CE is the way to go.

Edited by SomeFan