bigblue

SAPP questions

Couple of questions pls:

1. Is it possible to limit (map specific) the amount of frags spawned using sapp events / commands ? eg. reduce number of frags spawned next to the portals on ratrace and also adjust the spawn time ? I can't find any scripts that do this.

2. Is there a way to stop players (not vehicles) camping on top of portals ie. standing on them preventing players to pass through ? If so, how is this done ?

Thx

Tiddy-bits:

5 hours ago, bigblue said:

Couple of questions pls:

1. Is it possible to limit (map specific) the amount of frags spawned using sapp events / commands ? eg. reduce number of frags spawned next to the portals on ratrace and also adjust the spawn time ? I can't find any scripts that do this.

You could write a SAPP script to change these values in Halo's tag data, but what I'd do is open ratrace.map in Spark Edit, go to the frag grenade that you want to remove, then either move it below the map or delete it. You can change the respawn timer using a modding tool such as Eschaton.

5 hours ago, bigblue said:

2. Is there a way to stop players (not vehicles) camping on top of portals ie. standing on them preventing players to pass through ? If so, how is this done ?

This is another thing that can be solved using Eschaton. Go to the cyborg_mp biped tag, go into the biped flags (it's a bitmask32 value in Eschaton) then enable the "Passes through other bipeds" flag.

Ok, thx for that. Using SparkEdit 3.02 - getting an error openng ratrace.map-  'seek failed on an unnamed file' ??

The methods 002 gave only work on Halo PC. So if your intent is to do this for CE, you'll need to use SAPP scripts.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Ahh ok.. I should have mentioned it's for CE - apologies. I haven't got a clue how to put a script together to fix both of the questions I put.. but thx again :)

Thx for this :)

Another question while I'm here: Config commands - aimbot_ban [length] [type] - does this only check for aimbots - or does that include wall hacks also ?