Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Daywu

How much should I charge the client for my mobile app?

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I need yall's opinion on this matter. I am making a mobile app for a local company in my area. The app is used to keep track of employees' time sheets. They are able to clock in/clock out their times, calculates their hours, and sections them off by weeks. Now for the admin, he/she can view an employee's time sheet, and delete, modify, and add an employee. I know it is a simple app but my question is, what is a reasonable amount to charge the consumer for this app? The consumer is offering $50 for the app which is ridiculously low. I asked him for around $250-$500, but he's not willing to offer that amount. 

Edited by Daywu

Image result for naruto gifImage result for zabuza gif

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

$50 sounds ridiculously low, and the range you requested sounds reasonable to me. Though did you guys discuss price beforehand?

Also, what did they want that something like TSheets didn't offer?

Kavawuvi and Pfhunkie like this

We discussed about exchanging the app for money beforehand; however, he wanted me to show him a demo of the application before deciding on a price. And that is the current stage I am in right now. I showed him the demo, everything works like it should, and he said it is very nice. I honestly don't think he knows how much apps like these usually cost and I can tell from speaking to him that he looks down on programmers. Also, I was wondering the same thing of why he couldn't just use an existing app like TSheets. But I guess he just wants an exclusive app for the company. 

Image result for naruto gifImage result for zabuza gif

1 hour ago, Daywu said:

I honestly don't think he knows how much apps like these usually cost and I can tell from speaking to him that he looks down on programmers.

This sounds like a clue that you probably shouldn't work with him. Your time is worth at least as much as his, if not more.

Daywu and Takka933 like this

"No" is magical word.

I've been in basically this exact situation and screwed myself. Don't make my mistake. Stick to your guns and try to get him to see why it's worth the price you're asking.

Daywu likes this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

1 minute ago, Sunstriker7 said:

"No" is magical word.

I've been in basically this exact situation and screwed myself. Don't make my mistake. Stick to your guns and try to get him to see why it's worth the price you're asking.

Eh. He's not going to find a better price elsewhere, so if he really wants it he'll come back in the end. Otherwise you're just wasting more of your time, in my opinion.

Unless that company has 2 employees, $50 (pronounced fitty) is way too low.

Consider how many users will be using the app. i.e. how many employees? Imo price should also depend on user size. (similar to software licensing)

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg