What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

How far can we go?

I recently came across this channel, with a lot of great videos for interesting topics ...but this video in particular stood out to me a bit, for how the perception of the Universe will differ in the distant future, before heat death is even on the horizon.

Check out some of their stuff, or just this video, or whatever.

TCK likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Very interesting vid and fun to watch; but "we will never be able to leave our local group."? ...until we discover something we didn't even know existed until the second its existence became apparent, right?

I love science but you have to admit at some level it's a never-ending Oxyclean commercial. "But wait, there's more!"

"We have a few billion years to explore our local group." And at the rate technology has progressed over only the last hundred years, there's no chance AT ALL that we could uncover something profound about physics we didn't know before? I mean, shit, billions of years in humanity's future? We can't even comprehend that, let alone imagine what our technology or science will be like at that point. That's enough time for humans to evolve to see in radar waves, then evolve to "hear" in infrared, then evolve to breathe in both gaseous and liquid environments, then... you get my point. This is like if the Romans made a video debunking tanks, imo.

Just my drunk opinion. Yeah, I know, "but TCK you only post when you're drunk." Well, it's either that or I never post, which is it? Actually don't answer that...

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

For the scenario, it did say "based on our current understanding of physics".

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I mean, true, I guess I didn't take that as applying to the whole video. If that's all they meant then they definitely made a smooth and entertaining video to explain it.

Umh7x1l.gif

I've been watching Kurzgesagt for a while now their videos always raise interesting questions, Welcome to the club.

Takka likes this