Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ccf00717

Exporting Models

Hi there. i was wondering if it would be possible to export Halo 1's main campaign models to a usable format (such as OBJ)? I want them for a small project. I can't seem to find anything on map ripping... Any ideas?

Tiddy-bits:

Halo Mapping Tools supports OBJ exporting. Simply click on the model tag, click on a sub-object (these are LODs - the first ones with more vertices are the higher quality ones), then click Export Model.

If you need something more advanced, maybe someone with experience in HEK could point you in the right direction.

Takka likes this

I checked and found the character meshes, but not the level mesh. I'm looking to export the level model itself, fully textured if possible. I see on another site (models-resource) that someone ripped the multiplayer maps.

You want the BSP model in that case, which HMT (as far as I'm aware) will only save as an sbsp file. This is really the type of thing you'd use HEK for (a CE tool).

If you have further questions, as I'm sure you will, you should make a topic in our CE modding support section.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Eschaton does support exporting BSPs to .obj. You have to go to the scenario (scnr) tag, click Load, select the BSP you want to export, then click Export BSP to obj. If this isn't adequate, then yes, you should consider taking your questions to the CE modding support section as @Tucker933 suggested.

WaeV and Takka like this

Nice; I've never used that tab in Eschaton. I usually treat the scenario and bsp classes in Eschaton as a get in and get out because it crashes a lot the time lol

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

1 hour ago, Tucker933 said:

Nice; I've never used that tab in Eschaton. I usually treat the scenario and bsp classes in Eschaton as a get in and get out because it crashes a lot the time lol

Yeah, Eschaton can crash if you reload the scenario or BSP tags more than once in a session.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0