What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Misc HPC Development

81 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

what map is that? 

It is ZeroHour from Halo 1.5 (an Xbox mappack), it's made by PwNytar. I'm using it for my new project, Impactpoint. I'll make a thread about it when I have the Beta going (somewhere in may). 

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-19%20at%204.25.1

Also, here's my looping tunnel video for the pac-man map I did:

http://protonnebula.com/misc-files/vids/pacman.mp4

The side tunnels transport all objects except for scenery.

Just make these objects larger and make them vehicles. BAM YOU'VE GOT FORGE... kinda. After you exceed vehicle limit server crashes. But still, that way you could have lots of variations of the same map if you spawn vehicles using SAPP.

08f9474ede.jpg

Moon Gravity: http://protonnebula.com/misc-files/vids/gravity.mp4

Basically, this is a mod I made in HaloMD that reduces gravity by 50%.

It is not a modification of the jump height (that was a joke), as it also reduces the gravity of projectiles, weapons, particles, and powerups.

Apparently this is possible in Open Sauce according to Sceny, but as I've said before, I currently disapprove of Open Sauce's existence.

I posted this video in a status earlier, but NeX later pointed out that directly linking videos downloads the video (Google Chrome shouldn't, but it apparently does, which is dumb because it displays mp3s, jpegs, pngs, or any other form of media without downloading it). I'd much rather not deal with YouTube, for a list of reasons.

Trivia: The moon has 17% the gravity of Earth. This mod only reduces gravity to 50%.

Sceny, Takka and NeX like this

Wasn't this possible already by editing the physics tags of any objects you wanted it to apply to?

Umh7x1l.gif

Wasn't this possible already by editing the physics tags of any objects you wanted it to apply to?

That only applies for vehicles.

What I did affects projectiles, bipeds, equipment, weapons, AND particles at the same time by changing one constant in the game engine.

You can manually change the gravity one tag at a time for projectiles and particles. Equipment, weapons, and bipeds you can only turn off gravity, but you can't cut gravity in half. 

edit:

Usually, only vehicle tags have physics tags, anyway. I guess you could apply a physics tag to any object tag, but the object will still fall at the same speed, and the object's model will be offset depending on which physics tag you use.

Edited by 002
NeX likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0