What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kavawuvi

Misc CE Development

286 posts in this topic

I've heard about it. HAC2 development is pretty slow, and I'm not even sure he works on it anymore. It took Btcc22 almost a year of me bothering him before he finally added the ability to increase the number of visible objects so people like Tucker933 wouldn't be so concerned about being over-budget with scenery.

Everything has been slow with Halo CE/PC development lately. Right now for me I'm trying to find a way to make Open-Sauce and HAC2 play nice with each other on Windows OSes later than 7.

Humans of the Halomaps Forum: A comedy about lynching Sparky.

https://www.facebook.com/Humans-of-the-Halomaps-Forum-950977501622757

Tiddy-bits:

Everything has been slow with Halo CE/PC development lately. Right now for me I'm trying to find a way to make Open-Sauce and HAC2 play nice with each other on Windows OSes later than 7.

Well the problem is with the drawing. I can't remember if BT said it was Direct3D or OpenGL, but they're both trying to use the same crap apparently, and it's a pain to figure out what is needed.  Either that, or the fix is some insane work - both would explain the delays.

Personally I haven't touched CE for a while now, mainly because it really seems not to be worth it.  I was toying with using it to practice 3D modeling, but I can just put content into a modern engine and have it actually be relevant to a portfolio, which is the whole point anyway.

KsqHutE.png

Well the problem is with the drawing. I can't remember if BT said it was Direct3D or OpenGL, but they're both trying to use the same crap apparently, and it's a pain to figure out what is needed.  Either that, or the fix is some insane work - both would explain the delays.

The main problem is that the developer of OpenSauce does not care about supporting HAC2, while Btcc22 tries his best to make HAC2 work.

Matchmaking will not support OpenSauce, because most maps are incompatible with SAPP. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.

The main problem is that the developer of OpenSauce does not care about supporting HAC2, while Btcc22 tries his best to make HAC2 work.

Matchmaking will not support OpenSauce, because most maps are incompatible with SAPP. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.

OpenSauce .map files work fine with SAPP, and IIRC SAPP also supports the OS Dedicated Server.  What would conflict with OS?

KsqHutE.png

OpenSauce .map files work fine with SAPP, and IIRC SAPP also supports the OS Dedicated Server.  What would conflict with OS?

Anticheat.

I also just don't want to use more than one version of the Halo dedicated server software. It's already a big enough hassle with Halo CE.

On 3/1/2016 at 11:48 AM, WaeV said:

and DMS?

My dumb typo. Meant to put DLMs

On 3/1/2016 at 10:20 AM, 002 said:

Anticheat.

I also just don't want to use more than one version of the Halo dedicated server software. It's already a big enough hassle with Halo CE.

I definitely get that, .yelo maps are pretty much pointless for MP anyway - but what about OS .maps interferes with anticheat?

I'm genuinely curious; I thought anticheat was kind of a silly thing and never paid much attention to it. I didn't know it even had a following, as even the most MLG-style players don't seem to use it.

KsqHutE.png

I definitely get that, .yelo maps are pretty much pointless for MP anyway - but what about OS .maps interferes with anticheat?

I don't think you can have OS and Anticheat running simultaneously on the client. (might be wrong, but who knows)

I'm genuinely curious; I thought anticheat was kind of a silly thing and never paid much attention to it. I didn't know it even had a following, as even the most MLG-style players don't seem to use it.

It's a bit different in matchmaking than in the Halo lobby. Players may opt to have their games be more secure, especially when we're talking about rankings as other people have requested earlier.

As for OpenSauce, if it's not going to play nice with HAC2, and if fully supporting it means using different lobbies (which splits up the lobby and is bad), then I just cannot support it.

NeX likes this

I don't think you can have OS and Anticheat running simultaneously on the client. (might be wrong, but who knows)

It's a bit different in matchmaking than in the Halo lobby. Players may opt to have their games be more secure, especially when we're talking about rankings as other people have requested earlier.

As for OpenSauce, if it's not going to play nice with HAC2, and if fully supporting it means using different lobbies (which splits up the lobby and is bad), then I just cannot support it.

Totally understandable.  I really wish the OS devs hadn't been such snobby asshats with respect to Hac2 compatibility.  All it has done is split the community.

Obviously I'll side with Hac2 every time, but like I've said before, we shouldn't have to choose between eye-candy and functionality.  They should be both sides of the same coin - upgrading the game.

*sigh* guess we can't have our cake and eat it too

KsqHutE.png