Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Misc CE Development

285 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Hopefully this results in a new standard for releases. I still play with the 30fps lock because anything higher on Halo has been too jarring...

I can't wait to play a proper 60fps Halo game.

I find this more interesting than a lot of other mods i see these days. I'm interested in what this unannounced release is.

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

On 3/24/2017 at 2:29 AM, SBBMichelle said:

For this method all animations need to be reimported (Or converted now that MosesOfEgypt made a converter), and times need to be doubled, rates need to be halved, which is why I only suggest doing this when you are making your whole tagset from scratch.

MosesOfEgypt made a converter for 30 to 60 that converts the animation tags without ever having to open 3dsmax.

This sounds like it could be automated... what part of this still requires manual work? Just the reimporting? Are you doing this with the HEK?

Very nice! Now, let's convert everything over to this. Pretty sure I'll hate playing anything without this if I get used to it.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002

6 hours ago, As7raios said:

Very nice! Now, let's convert everything over to this. Pretty sure I'll hate playing anything without this if I get used to it.

We'll see a slew of re-releases either from original authors or people who need Halo at 60FPS

Halomaps will double in amount of files if not triple.

9 minutes ago, Lambdacomplex said:

We'll see a slew of re-releases either from original authors or people who need Halo at 60FPS

Halomaps will double in amount of files if not triple.

That seems doubtful to me, especially as this still (to my knowledge) doesn't work in multiplayer environments. Halomaps' database has also taken more than a decade to reach where it is now, and it will take a far longer to double that, particularly because there's not anywhere near as many content creators around do put in such an overhaul.