What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kavawuvi

Misc CE Development

286 posts in this topic

Awesome; what's this going into?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

I have developed a proof-of-concept 'netcode translator' that enables players on HaloPC or HaloMD to play on HaloCE servers. I still have a couple of bugs to iron out, but I envision that all of the lobbies could be merged at some point.

Forgive my necro, but was any progress made on this? a unified server list might help keep all three dying fanbases together.

On 3/6/2017 at 5:32 PM, Lambdacomplex said:

Forgive my necro, but was any progress made on this? a unified server list might help keep all three dying fanbases together.

It was completed soon after the post was made. This community doesn't cater to HaloMD users, however, so no follow-up post was made here. Check this topic here: http://www.macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=20872

It's HaloMD only, so only Mac users are going to benefit from it (since they don't get Custom Edition, anyway). I'd recommend just installing Halo Custom Edition if you're on a Windows-based PC.

Public servers on Halo CE are the best.

On 2:31, you can see the server has anti-camping. Why do we need anti-camping on Blood Gulch?

It was completed soon after the post was made. This community doesn't cater to HaloMD users, however, so no follow-up post was made here. Check this topic here: http://www.macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=20872

It's HaloMD only, so only Mac users are going to benefit from it (since they don't get Custom Edition, anyway). I'd recommend just installing Halo Custom Edition if you're on a Windows-based PC.

It would be nice to have to only need one game and reunite the server list though.

9 hours ago, Vaporeon said:

It would be nice to have to only need one game and reunite the server list though.

Of course it would. People should be on the better version of Halo, Custom Edition, if they're playing Halo PC.

Having people on the retail version of Halo able to join Custom Edition servers would not solve anything, because they wouldn't be able to play Custom Edition maps. In essence, you'd be taking away the point of Custom Edition. You could give Halo PC users the ability to play Custom Edition maps like I did with HaloMD users, but this would require user intervention - downloading a DLL file. If they're going to download anything, they should just download Halo Custom Edition.

3 hours ago, 002 said:

Of course it would. People should be on the better version of Halo, Custom Edition, if they're playing Halo PC.

Having people on the retail version of Halo able to join Custom Edition servers would not solve anything, because they wouldn't be able to play Custom Edition maps. In essence, you'd be taking away the point of Custom Edition. You could give Halo PC users the ability to play Custom Edition maps like I did with HaloMD users, but this would require user intervention - downloading a DLL file. If they're going to download anything, they should just download Halo Custom Edition.

Shame that despite CE being a thing the list is like 98% of stockmaps played by hispanics with 300+ ping. Has anyone tried to circulate or maybe even talk to the server owners to inject a custom map or two into the rotation? Get them hooked on anything other than slayer on bloodgulch with infinite ammo?

3 hours ago, Lambdacomplex said:

Shame that despite CE being a thing the list is like 98% of stockmaps played by hispanics with 300+ ping. Has anyone tried to circulate or maybe even talk to the server owners to inject a custom map or two into the rotation? Get them hooked on anything other than slayer on bloodgulch with infinite ammo?

70% of SAPP servers are using a stock map, with 65% of all SAPP Custom Edition servers on a stock map or a modification of one. It's a majority, but not 98%.

15 hours ago, 002 said:

70% of SAPP servers are using a stock map, with 65% of all SAPP Custom Edition servers on a stock map or a modification of one. It's a majority, but not 98%.

Was just trying to get a point across that the vast majority are stock, but good to see an exact number. It's just really depressing we went from a server list filled to the brim with custom maps to a few that maybe sometimes reach capacity.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18093cdd8b.jpg 

2da33d7d4d.jpg

08f9474ede.jpg