What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kavawuvi

Misc CE Development

286 posts in this topic

I wrote a program that generated this monstrosity. 1000 trees placed in a line to test my visible object limit modification. It was successful, but it isn't quite ready for everyone yet. The new visible object limit will likely be equal to the maximum number of objects possible (2048) in a game, increased from 256 objects. The limit is already increased on HaloMD via an extension made several months ago, and it may soon be available to the likes of Halo PC and Halo CE.

While too many objects can significantly reduce performance (this screenshot reduced my framerate to 21 fps), making objects randomly appear and disappear to improve performance is a lousy alternative.

WaeV, Takka, Vuthakral and 1 other like this

Tiddy-bits:

Adding to Hac2? Or other method of distribution?

I am currently working with Btcc22 with implementing it into HAC 2.
NeX likes this

This is pretty good. But there is a console command that can be added to any map as a startup script that increases the render distance to a desired number (can also be used any time ingame).

Oh shit wait, I understand what you're doing, not render distance.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

This is pretty good. But there is a console command that can be added to any map as a startup script that increases the render distance to a desired number (can also be used any time ingame).

Oh shit wait, I understand what you're doing, not render distance.

HAC 2 has the draw command. Use draw <render distance>.

Yeah I edited the bottom line to say I realized this wasn't for render distance, I thought it was at first.

Umh7x1l.gif

BIDOOF

Look to the sky

With a blacktooth grin

That whiskey smile

Brings me down again

Umh7x1l.gif