What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Krazychic

The 13th Doctor Who is.........

150028925382818.jpg

Broadchurch star Jodie Whittaker will become the first woman to play the Time Lord in Doctor Who.

Spoiler

The new Doctor was revealed in an on-screen stunt after the Wimbledon men’s tennis finals on BBC One and an the official Doctor Who Twitter feed.

Whittaker told Radio Times that she hopes fans will embrace the show’s “exciting change”.

“I want to tell the fans not to be scared by my gender” said Whittaker. “Because this is a really exciting time, and Doctor Who represents everything that’s exciting about change. The fans have lived through so many changes, and this is only a new, different one, not a fearful one.”

New showrunner Chris Chibnall added: “After months of lists, conversations, auditions, recalls, and a lot of secret-keeping, we’re excited to welcome Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor,” reports The Sun.

“I always knew I wanted the Thirteenth Doctor to be a woman and we’re thrilled to have secured our number one choice. Her audition for The Doctor simply blew us all away.

“Jodie is an in-demand, funny, inspiring, super-smart force of nature and will bring loads of wit, strength and warmth to the role. The Thirteenth Doctor is on her way,” said Mr Chibnall.

Outgoing Doctor Peter Capaldi added: “Anyone who has seen Jodie Whittaker’s work will know that she is a wonderful actor of great individuality and charm.

“She has above all the huge heart to play this most special part. She’s going to be a fantastic Doctor.”

Source

buttonspectre, Kavawuvi and Takka like this

Tiddy-bits:

I honestly didn't think much about the next Doctor being female until people started saying everywhere that she's the first female Doctor, and then it occurred to me that she's the first female Doctor. Cool!

As long as the Doctor is still the Doctor and is played by a decent actor (or in this case, actress), I'm fine with anyone taking the role. After all, it's perfectly fine in the canon for Time Lords to change gender or skin color on regeneration, so this had to have been bound to happen. I wish her the best of luck and hope she does an excellent job.

14 hours ago, Sceny said:

They should've gone with a black female Doctor.

Oh well, hopefully the BBC gets shutdown before the next Doctor is chosen.

I was about to say this so it would piss off even more close minded people :P

oVoXWXc.png

Might have just shot themselves in the foot. Isn't their main fanbase young girls with emotional issues who see the doctor as a father figure?

Umh7x1l.gif

1 hour ago, TCK said:

Might have just shot themselves in the foot. Isn't their main fanbase young girls with emotional issues who see the doctor as a father figure?

Hey wait a minute that's why I watch it !!!!

TCK and Sceny like this