What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Krazychic

Modern Educayshun

Tiddy-bits:

Here in New York State we our schools use a curriculum called Common Core.

It's stated purpose is to educate all students so they have at least basic skills in math, reading, writing etc.

What it actually seems to be doing is teaching students to pass a bunch of standardized tests so school districts look good on paper.

They seem to have little to do with preparing the kids for the real world and I'm glad my kids were out of the school system before Common Core really took hold.

This video goes to extreme lengths to over-dramatize the actual problem. I have never even seen ridiculous shit like this at a so called 'Liberal' college where even my professed Communist Sociology professor would have called out this bullshit. 

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

9 hours ago, Solaris said:

This video goes to extreme lengths to over-dramatize the actual problem. I have never even seen ridiculous shit like this at a so called 'Liberal' college where even my professed Communist Sociology professor would have called out this bullshit. 

Of course the video exaggerates but that doesn't change the fact that Education in America is a sick joke and that includes college which in this country is to a large extent a rip-off and a scam.

It's all about the benjamins...Pretty much same shit program heah in floriduh. It's no longer about the child.

Iggy likes this

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg

On 7/11/2017 at 8:27 AM, Iggy said:

Here in New York State we our schools use a curriculum called Common Core.

It's stated purpose is to educate all students so they have at least basic skills in math, reading, writing etc.

What it actually seems to be doing is teaching students to pass a bunch of standardized tests so school districts look good on paper.

They seem to have little to do with preparing the kids for the real world and I'm glad my kids were out of the school system before Common Core really took hold.

Nearly all states have adopted Common Core, with the exception of Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Alaska, Nebraska, Indiana, and South Carolina. All Common Core has done is provide a "standardization" of educational requirements, it hasn't actually addressed any of the issues faced by education over the past 30+ years. It is literally a "one size fits all" standards approach designed to prepare children for college testing. 

Solaris, Puddin and Iggy like this

6 minutes ago, Weps said:

Nearly all states have adopted Common Core, with the exception of Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Alaska, Nebraska, Indiana, and South Carolina. All Common Core has done is provide a "standardization" of educational requirements, it hasn't actually addressed any of the issues faced by education over the past 30+ years. It is literally a "one size fits all" standards approach designed to prepare children for college testing. 

This, and as I explained in Discord earlier with someone else, during the height of the PC boom (yes, I'm calling it that), people were really pushing the idea that this PC shit was just a liberal fabrication. It stems a lot deeper than that.

Common Core wasn't really an initiative that was introduced by Congress or endorsed by any President. It was a collective of education leaders (NGA) from different states that formed a coalition of common standards used to educate the children of the United States to prepare them for college and the workforce. But they do not develop the policy, only coordinate efforts and report successes/failures within certain aspects of common core policies.

Since Common Core is not a federal mandate, and education is handled by the states, the state's Department of Education is responsible for creating the policies used to govern education standards. This is where the problem lies. You have a TON of liberal college rejects and dropouts, sometimes the most toxic people that project their hate on every aspect of modern society, that develop these policies for common core to push their bullshit PC agenda where all children believe they have to walk on eggshells. A lot of it has been weeded out and a lot of these people have been dismissed, but it still sometimes slips through the cracks in our education system. I hope that a new shift of thinking here in the US will call for sane development of Common Core rather than that butchery of PC bullshit.

Puddin and Weps like this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365