Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

IkaBula

N64

12 posts in this topic

I don't know anything about trying to buy some nowadays, but I'd agree with the idea that people are trying to sell them for outrageous prices thinking they're worth something.

For games though:

Super Smash Bros still holds it's own to this day.

Perfect Dark is another solid one but it requires the memory expansion card to play the campaign. Worth it though.

And for the love of god why did you not mention Ocarina of TIme?

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

On 7/22/2017 at 0:11 AM, Sunstriker7 said:

I don't know anything about trying to buy some nowadays, but I'd agree with the idea that people are trying to sell them for outrageous prices thinking they're worth something.

I think it's because in the past 10 years, retro game collecting has skyrocketted in popularity, thus raising prices because of supply and demand. Though I do think people need to learn the difference between high prices, and overpriced. Say you have a game like Ocarina of Time where the demand is really high. Stores have to pay these high prices when they buy the game for customers, and sell them based on that price. If Ocarina of Time consistently sells for $40-50, as much as you don't want to pay that price, you're not going to find a store that's nice enough to sell it to you for $20. You're better off either finding someone who has no idea what they're selling, or a friend that doesn't care about not owning that game anymore. Overpricing would be where someone is selling Ocarina of Time for $70.

DiSiAC likes this