Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aLTis

Walking on vehicles

Tiddy-bits:

If it helps, I've told Wizard 552,403,957 times dynamic objects do not use Eular angles (yaw/pitch/roll). Their rotation is actually two vectors (six floats), yet Wzard has erroneously labeled the first vector as yaw/pitch/roll and the second as "scale" even though object scale is somewhere else entirely.

WaeV likes this

So the other 3 floats are just as important as the first 3? I was somehow fine using just first 3 until now.

Edit. After messing around for a while I understood that I still have no clue what I'm doing :V

Edited by aLTis

08f9474ede.jpg

Just a small update, finally got something to work. Now yaw rotation works fine even if players aren't on the front of the vehicle, haven't touched other rotations yet but this should be enough for now. Still need to add the center that vehicle turns around into the calculations somehow, not sure if mass center in physics tag is what I need.

The script has a lot of commented out mess right now, ignore that :v

walk_on_vehicles.lua

Takka likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

On June 21, 2017 at 2:02 PM, aLTis said:

So the other 3 floats are just as important as the first 3? I was somehow fine using just first 3 until now.

Edit. After messing around for a while I understood that I still have no clue what I'm doing :V

Yeah. All six floats are useful. However, if you're dealing with regular bipeds which are always up/down, the second three floats are always 0,0,1.

However, the first three floats are not yaw/pitch/roll as it's not a Eular angle.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0