What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

How do you like your meat?

31 posts in this topic

Giggity

Rare, medium, or well done, and how lean?

I tend to go medium and like it very lean, the latter because I absolutely hate when I can taste I'm eating any fat. The flavor and texture goes a looong ways.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Ideally I like my steaks medium rare, but it's usually medium when I get it, which is fine. I'll take burgers anywhere from medium rare to well done as long as they aren't dry.

I don't care for cutting around fat, and with fat, the taste tends to linger and makes me not enjoy my steak as much.

I don't eat red meat often, but when I do it is well done. If the center is red or pink then I'm definitely going to grimace.

1 minute ago, giraffe said:

If the center is red or pink then I'm definitely going to grimace.

That's how I used to feel, but there's so much more flavor once you get past the idea of going rarer (to an extent).

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Wipe its ass and break off the horns. ( Rare, thick cut, some fat, should be pool of blood on plate - for dipping your bread in)

Edited by Puddin
Pra3tor1an likes this

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg

I used to like my steaks well done but my taste has evolved and I now prefer medium or medium rare.

Takka likes this

well done and lean. I get a lot of shit because i like steak and burgers well done  as well.

Who am I but myself?