Takka

Restore EAX

14 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

5 hours ago, Skeezix the Cat said:

For YEARS I have been trying to get this function back.  Thank you!

So had I. The last "fix" was disappointing, as the audio just cut in and out for me. I had kind of given up at that point; didn't expect there to be more than one fix out there.

Skeezix the Cat likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

As someone who only recently tried EAX (I only watched a few videos about it a few years back and didn't think echoing or whatever was a benefit at first), being able to hear echoes of things like footsteps can be a huge asset when playing on servers that don't give you access to the motion sensor, especially when playing on maps like Danger Canyon which have hallways that can have enemies at any turn. Everyone should try and use this if it works for them.

48 minutes ago, Vaporeon said:

I found increasing MaxVoiceCount to 64 slightly improved it, especially in campaign.

How so?

31 minutes ago, WaeV said:

Does this work for PC as well as CE?

Yup!

WaeV likes this

Are you the author of this? i think not, you should know better then reposting something without proper crediting. also helps us in are research you know. i don't what to sound mean or hold anyone back from improving just because they can't reasonably get crediting information but i expect an administrator to set  a good example.  thanks for posting it as i would not have found it until SPv3 used it.