Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Thomas

Servers Crashing for CoD World at War

25 posts in this topic

Event Viewer would have a lot more useful information as this seems something system related and not necessarily server related. The ones you want to pay attention to are the Error and Critical flags.

AWS/Linux Administrator | Angry Crab Admin

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

On 6/28/2017 at 0:29 AM, Thomas said:

Well, that's something I was trying...  But it would not see the game at all, not on the update list.  Is there anything you can think of that would cause this?

just asking i guess you are on fixed ip for the servers.

as sum isp change the ips at night time lol. 

might be worth a look,          http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f59/solved-call-of-duty-world-at-war-crashing-364092.html

4 hours ago, gsccon said:

just asking i guess you are on fixed ip for the servers.

as sum isp change the ips at night time lol. 

might be worth a look,          http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f59/solved-call-of-duty-world-at-war-crashing-364092.html

The link you posted is for the game itself, not the server.

Thomas likes this

Solaris is correct.  I am running a full dedicated server and trying to run CoD:WaW servers on it...  But getting them crash and cannot be scanned by GameTracker.  The odd thing is that I have CoD4: Modern Warfare running just fine.  I don't know what could be causing this and I have tried everything, literally.

“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein

"For every action has is an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

=DN= The Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan

SrrF26y.png

On 6/11/2017 at 5:51 AM, Thomas said:

ERROR: Dedicated server authentication failure.

Looking back at your logs, this is what stands out to me. Reading some other complaints on other forums relates to not being able to connect to the master servers. Did Infinity Ward/Treyarch (I can't keep up with who makes what) shut down the master server for CoD:WaW or do a server update?

Is this server on a dedicated host or on a personal box at home? If it's a home connection, you may want to check this out.

I have seen the above mentioned thread and I tried it, still crashing...

Also, the servers, all 5 of them, are being run on a dedicated server in a large datacenter in the United States.  As are all of our dedicated servers.

“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein

SrrF26y.png

57 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I have seen the above mentioned thread and I tried it, still crashing...

Also, the servers, all 5 of them, are being run on a dedicated server in a large datacenter in the United States.  As are all of our dedicated servers.

This could very well be an issue with something on the datacenter side. I would make note to them (the host) the timeframe when it stopped working and maybe they can look at changes made around that date on their end to eliminate anything network-wise that could have stopped it from working. To me, it sounds like it can be reduced to 2 things:

• Something on the network backbone was configured that doesn't allow a handshake or persistent connection to the master server.
  • Master servers aren't responding correctly to any requests from dedicated hosts.

Has anyone else running servers complained about this issue?

What is it that needs to be done to keep them online?  I can write to my hosts and ask them to look in to it if needs be but I am not holding out much hope here.

Edited by Thomas

SrrF26y.png

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

What is it that needs to be done to keep them online?  I can write to my hosts and ask them to look in to it if needs be but I am not holding out much hope here.

Your servers are not showing online because they are not constantly in contact with the master server to show they are online. Either something on your dedicated server or on the network itself is causing the persistent connection to be dropped and cuts off all communication with the master server.

Do you happen to have a netstat dump?

netstat -a

I am curious if the server itself is set to LISTEN, TIME_WAIT, CLOSE, or CLOSE_WAIT instead of ESTABLISHED.

I guess another thing you could try as well, if you wanted to. You could use Nmap and target your box to see if the protocol is even being transmitted as an open port.

I am not sure that is a good idea, my server may detect it is being DDoS'ed or our hosts may say that and shut off my server.  I could do teamviewer at some point so you can look at it all for yourself if you like, that's one way to get this figured out I think.

SrrF26y.png