Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ui.map with campaign option

Halo Custom Edition removes the first item on the main menu - CAMPAIGN. Using Tritium, the first item on this ui.map map file was duplicated, restoring the CAMPAIGN option. Unlike many custom ui.map files, this one should work fine on most localizations.

In order to actually play through the campaign on Custom Edition, you will need to convert all of the campaign maps on Halo PC to Custom Edition. This tool can accomplish this:

Make sure that when you install this map file that the original ui.map is kept outside of the MAPS folder. Halo loads ui.map based on the tag path of its scenario tag, NOT the file name.

Download: ui.7z

Tucker933, Ryx and Vaporeon like this

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:2

competent.png

Members of Open Carnage enjoy an ad-free experience!

I noticed another couple of oddities of this file. Some of the maps have alternate names and Gephyrophobia is inaccessible from the menus.

11 hours ago, Vaporeon said:

I noticed another couple of oddities of this file. Some of the maps have alternate names and Gephyrophobia is inaccessible from the menus.

There are a couple <missing string> things in the options menu, which I was planning on fixing over the weekend. Aside from that, I don't see any problems with the game.

I cannot reproduce either of your issues. Gephyrophobia can still be loaded just fine from the main menu, and stock maps appear to be named the same as before.

competent.png

38 minutes ago, Vaporeon said:

You are right, something else is causing this:

Spoiler

MRcnBPU.png

Looks an awful lot like the HaloMD ui.map. I don't think that's the same ui.map as what's in the OP (either I updated it or somehow you got your hands on something else?).

competent.png

30 minutes ago, 002 said:

Looks an awful lot like the HaloMD ui.map. I don't think that's the same ui.map as what's in the OP (either I updated it or somehow you got your hands on something else?).

Looks like the normal UI to me, other than the messed up strings. I know he doesn't play MD.

3-boosts.png

OC Discord: Keep up with us.

2 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

Looks like the normal UI to me, other than the messed up strings. I know he doesn't play MD.

The plain ui.map doesn't have barrier, nor does it have "So close yet so far..." (description for Barrier on HaloMD). All of the stock maps also have a recommended player count. I'm unsure where he got his ui.map from, but I just tested mine (the one currently linked in the post) and it seems fine.

Tucker933 likes this

competent.png