Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thomas

Thomas is back as «DN»Lasky® and running Dark Nexus!

Hello members of OC!

dn_header_zpsmu91crrf.png

I have not been on a lot since I have been pretty busy trying to get our site working and with a little help from our Vice President (I am President), we have a functioning website that is being constantly updated and managed.

I am also hosting a dedicated server that comfortably hosts 150+ game servers and I recently had its RAM upgraded from 32GB to 72GB to help it run faster since it was only leaving a few hundred MB when it was on just 32GB.  This server costs me $70/mo and thus far is running really well.  I currently have a 120GB SSD (for the OS) a pair of 2TB HDD's (one a 7200rpm for game servers and the other a 5400rpm for backups) and a 3TB HDD also a 7200rpm drive.  It has a pair of Intel Xeon E5530's, each one has 4 cores and 8 threads @ 2.4GHz and it has a 1Gb port with the ability to add another if needed.  This server only has the ability to have 4 drives installed, although with 7TB, we have more than enough for the time being, I doubt we will need any more than that.

We are and are always recruiting new members, we welcome anyone no matter where they are from.  Unless of course we have a reason to decline applications.  We use a U.S Army based ranking system, much more concise and also much easier to work with instead of having a simple "Member" "Moderator" "Admin" one, people cannot pull rank this way.  Most of our servers are Halo, although we have a few other games including Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty 5: World at War, Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, and the entire Counter Strike series. Our unofficial games are: World of Tanks, World of Warships, World of Warplanes and Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy.  As you can see, we have quite a few games.  I am also planning to add a set of "ArmA III" servers as well, I have to buy the game first... :(

I think that is all for the time being.

P.S.  If I have posted this thread an incorrect location, please let me know.

Thanks,

«DN»Lasky®

President of Dark Nexus.

http://thednclan.net

Edited by Thomas
Kavawuvi likes this

“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein

"For every action has is an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

=DN= The Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan

SrrF26y.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Welcome!

Wow, that's a lot of RAM! I suppose if I have anything else to comment on your specs, I hope those Xeons are holding up for you. Nehalem is a little old, but still pretty good for gaming cheaply (lots of people still use it), so I'm assuming with two Xeons, they're good at running a lot of instances of those less demanding games you listed.

Edited by 002

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:4
competent.png

Well, we are here aren't we?  How have you been Tucker?

“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein

SrrF26y.png

Same, been on one myself and been back 3 weeks now.

I have spent 3 weeks in the U.S chasing tornadoes.  Saw the Canton, Texas ones on April 29th.  I was actually there by the way.

Tucker933 likes this

SrrF26y.png

Not a lot, you?

SrrF26y.png