What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Krazychic

Car sticker fires people up about slow left hand lane drivers all over again

11 posts in this topic

149627539244719.jpg

If there’s one thing people get fired up about, it’s people who drive too slow in the right hand lane.

Spoiler

So it’s no surprise that when The Traffic and Highway Patrol Command — NSW Police Force Facebook page shared an image of this car’s sticker, it struck a chord.

The post, which they hashtagged “hadenough”, has attracted 2.3k likes and over 160 comments — many of the comments passionately echoing the driver’s frustration with slow right lane drivers.

But not everyone was a fan of the sticker.

“I’m tipping he’d be one of the muppets who tailgates within 0.5 seconds while drivers ARE actually overtaking, giving them a dose of high beam,” wrote one Facebook commenter.

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for better enforcement of this rule, and I’ll keep the hell out of lane 3 on the M4 as much as possible. But, if I’m out there passing a vehicle and I’m pushing a GPS-verified number that’s damn close to the limit, just chill till we are both past the slower guy, yeah? I’ll move over when we’re clear. Then you can get back to your 130km/h.”

Some others pointed out that for the sticker to be effective it would actually have to be written in reverse script on the bonnet so slow right lane drivers could see it in their rear vision mirrors.

The Facebook post seems to have reignited the “slow in the right lane” issue that so many people are fired up about.

Earlier this month Sydney mum Lena Kasparian was fined $300 by NSW Police on the weekend for driving too slowly in a right-hand overtaking lane.

In NSW on roads of two or more lanes where the speed limit is greater than 80km/h, motorists must not drive in the right-hand lane unless they are overtaking, turning right, avoiding an obstacle, driving in congested traffic or are otherwise instructed by road signs.

After being pulled over by police for the violation, Kasparian recorded herself ranting about the “absolutely disgusting behaviour” of NSW Police and uploaded the video to Facebook.

Her comments drew the ire of countless social media users who blasted her for failing to observe the road rules.

The post went viral and she was subsequently interviewed on Sunrise, where host Sam Armytage could barely hide her disdain for the woman.

Kasparian kicked off the interview by giving a shoutout to the “trolls” who have been bullying her on Facebook.

“Had I known [it was going to go viral] I would have at least dressed up and put some makeup on my face and made sure I looked pretty good,” the Sydney mum said.

The interview then suffered a technical difficulty which Armytage took advantage of to throw her first barb at Kasparian.

“Sorry Lena, we’ve got problems with our satellite link to you,” the Sunrise co-host said.

“We might try and go back to you because I want to hear what you’ve got to say because it is illegal and it’s very annoying when people drive slowly in the right-hand lane.”

Source

Tiddy-bits:

Some kind of Aussie vehicular drama...

I've never seen a "fast lane" designation on any highway/interstate in Idaho.

I think its logical to keep to the offside of the road unless you are behind someone doing less than the speed limit displayed for that road.  Things like what's in the video below wouldn't occur then.  Sadly this is along the road I travel frequently.

13 hours ago, Sunstriker7 said:

It's common knowledge among virtually everyone that the right lane is for traffic at the normal designated speed and the left for overtaking.

Only inconsiderate slobs and the old and senile ( don't even say it Krazy :P) will deliberately drive slowly in the left lane.

The reverse is true in countries like Australia and Great Britain where people drive on the opposite side.

DiSiAC and Krazychic like this

I don't know, basically everyone around here drives the same speed. No matter which lane you're in. I think it just kind of depends on where you live.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:17 PM, Sunstriker7 said:

It was probably covered in that book you read prior to taking your written driving test.

18nadbdqx422hjpg.jpg

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg

On 5/31/2017 at 10:17 PM, Sunstriker7 said:

I've only been to Boise and Mountain Home, but I don't really believe they have a need for it. Interstates in on the East Coast are primary examples of states that really need it, where it's a lot more congested. 

Maryland was considering fining people who drive slow in the left lane. There's nothing more annoying than trying to pass someone and two people riding side by side so no one can pass. 

I also have objections about some of the senior drivers on the road, but that's another topic entirely. 

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

17 hours ago, Puddin said:

It was probably covered in that book you read prior to taking your written driving test.

Because it's been years (and I really only skimmed it as a teenager anyway), I was curious and decided to read the Idaho Driver's Manual again. It's not mentioned anywhere in there.

This is kind of mind blowing to me because everything you all take as common knowledge is something I've never even heard of.

Puddin likes this

I believe Arizona law states that you are allowed to fire up to 3 shots of up to .45 caliber bullets at anyone traveling less than 90mph in the left lane.    

Takka, Solaris, Sceny and 1 other like this

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.