What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
IkaBula

Childless Members: Do you want kids? Why/Why not?

Personally, I have kids - though a lot of my friends don't want them for several different reasons. It's always interesting to hear why, even though I totally don't relate.

This having been said, I personally always wanted kids and have since had three children. Two girls, and one boy.

What are your thoughts?

Tiddy-bits:

I've never really considered having or not having children, but I suppose it's a possibility, even if it's a fairly remote one.

I'd probably wait at least until at least my 30's before deciding, though. I suppose if I did procreate, I'd be the only sibling in my family doing so.

Sure. One of each would be great. Two girls would be a worst case scenario though.

Nope. I feel like the world is a shitty place right now, and though it has the potential of getting better, I honestly wouldn't want to raise children given the direction that modern culture is going, along with the costs of living. But if I ever accidentally made a babby, I'd certainly man up and be the daddy.

Takka, Kavawuvi and xvii like this

xgd0s9.jpg

Whilst not childless I too, when in my teens, gave thought to bringing children into this world and had decided against it.  I mean who wants to bring innocent children into a world that's so messed up?  After years and thought I changed and so did my way of thinking.  If I pass on having children as many others have decided to do, then where does that leave the world?  Who is there to continue to preserve mankind.  I know it seems fickle just one person thinking this way but it's what changed my perception on bearing children.

When we first got married my wife and I were dead set against having children fearing we'd be poor parents because of the childhoods we had, my wife's childhood being by far the worst.

We wound up having a son and a daughter both of whom are doing pretty well and in fact throughout their childhood both they and my wife and I received frequent praise over how well mannered and behaved they were.

Looking back my wife and I would have missed so much had we carried through on our initial desire not to have children.

Krazychic and Takka like this