Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newb123

How to mod a server in halo pc?

basically i dont the first thing about modding a server, i rented a server out of gameservers.com and never figured out how to do it, so i had to cancel. also cant do one from my own pc, so it has to be rented. If anyone can post the details would be very helpful or links that explain how its done.

Tiddy-bits:

What in particular are you trying to mod? The maps, or the server software itself?

Kavawuvi likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

its actually not much im trying to do, im just tyring to make the weapons have unlimited ammo, i need help setting up sapp, and any details that come with that. Also need help on how to set up map rotation.

Edited by newb123

2 hours ago, newb123 said:

make the weapons have unlimited ammo

The easiest way to do this yourself will require a modification to the maps, however the cleanest way would be to use a SAPP script, which you could request to be made here.

To modify the maps (each you want unlimited ammo on), you'll need to use a meta editor such as Eschaton. Open up the map with it (not open and expand), then navigate to each weapon tag (the class near the bottom of the list).

For modifying weapons that use ammunition, set the 'rounds per shot' value to 0 for each:

Spoiler

cDzqezt.png

For those that use batteries (plasma weapons), change 'age generated per shot' to 0:

Spoiler

YCDBp0d.png

Also change 'heat generated per round' to 0 as well if you want to prevent it from overheating during use.

Don't forget to hit enter after inputting each value. When you're all done, upload each of these modified maps to your server's map folder.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

well thanks but i guess its still too complicated for me, i dont even know where i would put the script lol.

No idea if this would work as I haven't touched Halo or SAPP in 2 years, but you could just add 'cheat_infinite_ammo 1' to the sapp init.txt?

WaeV likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0