What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IkaBula

Going Through Your Partners Phone?

Do you do this?
Has your partner done it?
Do you think it's ever excusable?

For me, I've never done it, and I don't think it can be excused. I don't care how long you're in a relationship, if you think it's something you can't resist doing then there's deeper issues with trust that need to be addressed and they generally stem from the person going through the phone's stupid insecurities...And probably a bit of guilt on their part.

I have had it done to me, and was pretty livid.

Takka and DiSiAC like this

Tiddy-bits:

I've never had it happen to me, but I haven't really had a phone until recently. I'm in complete agreement with your stance on it.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Just now, Tucker933 said:

I've never had it happen to me, but I haven't really had a phone until recently. I'm in complete agreement with your stance on it.

Gosh. I wish I didn't have a phone.

I spent a great deal of my first, shitty relationship obsessively going through my then-partner's phone (and email...)
I wouldn't do that sort of shit again but it made sense at the time.

ocsignature.gif

Why would you leave your phone unlocked in the first place? :P
It's then a bit your own fault if someone reads your messages without your consent.

Not arguing against the wrongdoing of going through someone else's phone but still...

If its a new relationship, I wouldn't be ok with it.

If its a long-term relationship or marriage, then what's the problem? You're building a life with this person, its just another aspect of your life that you're sharing. The only reason I can think of that makes it some sort of problem is if you were hiding something from your significant other that would damage or destroy the relationship. Personally I wouldn't but annoyed or angry about it, I'd just want a justifiable reason for it.

Edited by Sceny
buttonspectre likes this

If you feel the need to do it, then there is probably something wrong with the relationship and you should bail before it's too late!

buttonspectre likes this

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

On 5/7/2017 at 0:49 AM, tarikja said:

Why would you leave your phone unlocked in the first place? :P
It's then a bit your own fault if someone reads your messages without your consent.

Not arguing against the wrongdoing of going through someone else's phone but still...

Because even if it is locked you should be able to trust your partner with your passcode?
My wife and I know both of each other's every detail.

PIN for bank cards, internet banking details, codes for phones, online passwords.

That doesn't give license though to literally spy on the person.

11 hours ago, DiSiAC said:

If you feel the need to do it, then there is probably something wrong with the relationship and you should bail before it's too late!

Dingdingding! YES!

buttonspectre, Takka and DiSiAC like this

1 hour ago, IkaBula said:

Because even if it is locked you should be able to trust your partner with your passcode?

PIN for bank cards, internet banking details, codes for phones, online passwords.

That doesn't give license though to literally spy on the person.

Well, if you trust your partner with your password/ PIN, shouldn't you be okay with them accessing that locked information?
I don't see a reason in sharing access with them if you don't want them to see that information.

And seeing your case:

spying (by my definition: secret acquisition of previously unknown information from others without their consent or awareness) doesn't seem possible in the first place.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0