Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Down Under

Getting boats to float on water surface

If I were to import a modded vehicle (boat) into another map. How would I change the water surface so that the boat actually drives on top of water vs sinking to bottom? Or is there a setting on modded boat that allows it to glide over the water?

Thanks

Do you know of any large scenery objects that you could use? Largest I have seen have been doors? Just looking to add this to a map and not design the entire bsp.

Designing a scenery object is not designing the entire bsp. What you would do is model a scenery object with a collision model that approximates the shape of your water plane. Then you would place it probably just beneath the water in your scenario editor. The scenery object would not need to be visible, it just needs a collision model.

Modeling it would be very simple. If a flat plane doesn't work well, a box with a small height would do the trick.

Tucker933 and Down Under like this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

got it to work! Thanks for your help! A friend of mine supplied with some of his scenery objects and I was able to successfully place within the map.

Tucker933 likes this

IIRC the shark on hydrolosis actually just uses a modified origin point to "float" on the water. it's one of the cheapest options honestly. No idea what whoever made the boathog did, but every map I've seen it in it was a buggy mess