Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Chimera (build 49)

116 posts in this topic

Thanks for the replies, two more things

- Any change the warthog antenna will get the 60fps makeover? #noanimationsleftbehind :(

- The shield/HP top right of the split screen HUD doesn't seem to sit properly, it looks glitched and nothing like the xbox hud

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

1 hour ago, Zetren said:

Thanks for the replies, two more things

- Any change the warthog antenna will get the 60fps makeover? #noanimationsleftbehind :(

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. I've got a few vehicle issues that still need fixed.

1 hour ago, Zetren said:

- The shield/HP top right of the split screen HUD doesn't seem to sit properly, it looks glitched and nothing like the xbox hud

Gearbox did not do a good job porting the split screen HUD over.

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1
competent.png

Hey. Just wanted to let everyone know that I started a bit of work to get Chimera into the notes of the Halo CE PCGamingWiki page, but I'm too f̄͒͗̆͏̧̥͇̻͙̬C̭̓̓ͩ̐ͣ́̋̃̚̕K̸͔̯̫̗̪̫ͦͩ͛̋ͦͅi̬̩̲͙͈̮͐̃ͫͪ͗̐̿̀ņ̝͖ͨ̍ͯ̾̚̕g̵̶̢̬͚̱̜̫̬̅̈́́̔  tired to finish it right now. Just typing this took me about 10 minutes.

Linky loo

Tucker933 and Vaporeon like this

This graph has been requested by a few people, and it details what gets interpolated at certain levels.

3Wq5TU2.png

I've put the graph in the OP as well as updated the FAQ for instructions for Mac users for installing Chimera.

Tucker933 and Zetren like this

competent.png

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to express my gratitude. This is simply amazing, thank you very much for all your work.

And also a suggestion: Would it be possible to remove the green arrow above your team mates and have their names displayed by default (like when you press F3 ingame)?

Edited by sanni

43 minutes ago, sanni said:

Just wanted to express my gratitude. This is simply amazing, thank you very much for all your work.

And also a suggestion: Would it be possible to remove the green arrow above your team mates and have their names displayed by default (like when you press F3 ingame)?

Thanks.

As for your suggestion - I imagine it's possible, but I'm not sure how it'll be done at this time.

competent.png

Posted (edited)

Hi and thanks for your great mod.

Halo's mouse acceleration has always been an issue for me on PC. Is there a possibility that the mouse accel can be fixed by this mod? It would be great to have raw input or similar.

EDIT: A raw mouse input fix is already being developed by Methanhydrat. So that answers my question. :)

Edited by tp7
Tucker933 likes this

Posted (edited)

A new build of Chimera is out. Here is the changelog

Chimera build 41 (and 40) changelog

New features:
- chimera_widescreen_scope_mask - This scales the scope mask based on your aspect ratio. This feature is intended to be used alongside hac_widescreen.

Changed features:
- chimera_interpolate:
  + level 1 interpolation is now velocity-based instead of position-based.
    * This method looks worse, but is faster and uses only one buffer instead of two.
    * It also shows you where an object will be instead of where it was, thus it's more suitable for competitive play.
  + level 1 and 2 interpolation now have first person interpolation (basically, all levels now have first person interpolation)
  + level 1 and 2 interpolation now have weapon interpolation (up to 20 world units)
  + (build 41) Death camera and vehicle exit camera are now properly interpolated.
  + (build 41) Single player death camera is interpolated.

Fixes:
- This fixes a rare, difficult to reproduce crashing bug with interpolation.
- This fixes a bug with descoping.

There are only two notable changes: chimera_widescreen_scope_mask fixes the scope mask and is meant to be used with HAC2's widescreen fix, and level 1 and 2 interpolation are tweaked (see new graph in OP).

Edit: Build 41 is out. Thanks to having a greater understanding of the camera structure, a few issues that were present in previous builds have been addressed.

Edited by 002
Zetren, Tucker933 and mihirgates like this

competent.png

There's a new build out already.

Chimera build 44 changelog
New features:
- chimera_block_vehicle_camera_leveling - This prevents the camera from automatically leveling in vehicles. Note that if you aim your vehicle higher or lower than allowed, your vehicle may not handle properly.
Changed features:
- chimera_interpolate:
  + vehicle antennas are now interpolated (level 1+)
  + flag cloth is now interpolated (level 3+)

Other things:
- chimera_interpolate uses considerably less CPU time

Zetren, tp7 and Tucker933 like this

competent.png