Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Chimera (build 49)

204 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

22 hours ago, 002 said:

A new version of Chimera has been released. This includes a more powerful interpolation mod, an FPS throttler (technically it just modifies Halo's 30 FPS throttler), and more.

Woop woop!

mcrn.png

Here's a new feature coming up: custom rcon message colors

bRXaW77.png

This can be used in any server side tool that supports custom rcon messages. The syntax is message|nc# where # is a hexadecimal value between 0 and f. Players without Chimera will not see a custom color, but they also will not see |nc#, either.

aLTis, swamp and mihirgates like this

Hi, I have a question regarding this project.

How do I make it work for my dedicated server? Do I need to install something else on my computer or my server? I have downloaded the latest release and placed the dll into my controls folder but cannot make the interpolation work. It just says that the command cannot execute at the moment.

Thanks!

Does the interpolation work for any refresh rate? I have a 100hz monitor, but seeing as that is not a multiple of 30, what elements would go out of sync? 

4 hours ago, PanTheR said:

Hi, I have a question regarding this project.

How do I make it work for my dedicated server? Do I need to install something else on my computer or my server? I have downloaded the latest release and placed the dll into my controls folder but cannot make the interpolation work. It just says that the command cannot execute at the moment.

Thanks!

The serverside portion of Chimera (a lua script) isn't available to the public yet. Also, interpolation can only be done on clients, not servers. This is a client-sided mod like HAC2 but with different features.

2 hours ago, boogerlad said:

Does the interpolation work for any refresh rate? I have a 100hz monitor, but seeing as that is not a multiple of 30, what elements would go out of sync? 

Refresh rate does not matter. Interpolation is only concerned about frame rate, which does not need to be a multiple of 30. It just needs to be greater than 30.

New feature: ADS.

Yes, this was made as a joke, and you're not likely to see this in your favorite maps, but maps that set a boolean scripting global, chimera_ads, to true will have this feature while Chimera is installed. This will allow weapons that normally don't have zooming capabilities to have a 1.5x zoom while the zoom button is held down. Note that ADS does not affect the accuracy of the weapon, nor does it affect the player's movement speed. You're probably better off making your own ADS rather than using Chimera, but this is in case you don't want to.

Tucker933 likes this

On 09.08.2017 at 5:23 AM, 002 said:

New feature: ADS.

It will be cool, if we can choose from console command: zoom for weapons or just binoculars like Halo 2 or 3.

3 hours ago, Hey-Pi-Ron said:

It will be cool, if we can choose from console command: zoom for weapons or just binoculars like Halo 2 or 3.

I guess balancing reasons is why I chose not to make it apply to all weapons on all maps.