Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Chimera (build 49)

204 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Hey-Pi-Ron said:

Hello. I have a problem with Chimera. I try different builds, different combinations of Halo custom edition 1.10 and HAC2, OS, etc. With mods, without mods - always one result - after I start game "gathering exeption data" and game just closed without any logs. What I do wrong? Can someone help? I use Win7 x64 and Halo CE 1.10.

If you're using build 33, there's a crashing bug with that version. I'd use build 32.

I'm working on build 34 which fixes this problem and adds numerous other features.

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

18 minutes ago, 002 said:

If you're using build 33, there's a crashing bug with that version. I'd use build 32.

I'm working on build 34 which fixes this problem and adds numerous other features.

I try even Build 25. Same result. I really don't know what is wrong. I did'nt even see main menu. Only loading sccreen and then - crash.

Edited by Hey-Pi-Ron

1 minute ago, Hey-Pi-Ron said:

I try even Build 25. Same result. I really don't know what is worng. I did'nt even see main menu. Only loading sccreen and then - crash.

Sounds like a similar bug a few other people reported to me a long time ago. This was something I had actually fixed a while back.

If you're okay using an unstable, incomplete, alpha build, you can try getting build -33 to work: chimera_build_-33.7z

Hey-Pi-Ron and Tucker933 like this

2 hours ago, 002 said:

Sounds like a similar bug a few other people reported to me a long time ago. This was something I had actually fixed a while back.

If you're okay using an unstable, incomplete, alpha build, you can try getting build -33 to work: chimera_build_-33.7z

Yay! This build works! Thank you. Hope see next stable build soon.

I've been working on making chimera_interpolate run better on slower PCs, and I've made some improvements.

KtrO3Ja.png

If you compare this graph to the last graph, the frame rates are different  That's partly because I'm running the game in 1080p windowed now, and also partly because I have settings like chimera_block_lod turned on. Anyway, if you compare the High settings between both graphs, I've cut the performance loss in half.

Also, the setting is a bit more granular and goes from 0 to 9 instead of 0 to 3, though inputting "low", "medium", etc. will give you that setting as well. There's also now a distance check that will reduce interpolation if the object is far enough away from the camera, but this distance check is disabled in the highest setting. If you look at the difference between 9 and 8, the distance check optimization provides a pretty measurable improvement. In most cases, it should look the same, but if you play the game at 1080p or higher, you may be able to spot some differences with more complex objects that are farther away if you look carefully.

Off - No interpolation is present.

Low - Bipeds and vehicles get rotation interpolation. Equipment gets position interpolation so it won't look funky if other players move. Machines and device controls get position interpolation as well, allowing doors to appear smooth when opening and closing.

Medium - All objects get rotation interpolation except for scenery and projectiles. Particles are interpolated.

High - All objects get rotation interpolation.

Ultra - All objects get rotation interpolation, but the distance check optimization is disabled.

mihirgates, swamp, kronos and 1 other like this

Why when I put the command chimera_interpolate, I get that the command can not be executed now or does not exist, what should it? Sorry for my bad english

41 minutes ago, GabrielTovR said:

Why when I put the command chimera_interpolate, I get that the command can not be executed now or does not exist, what should it? Sorry for my bad english

If you're using build 32, it's not in there.

If you're using build 33, it's there, though it's not very stable and does not resemble what it'll be like in build 34 (hence why build 33 is marked as "unstable").

Build 34 will have the next revision which will have both rotation and location interpolation, and I'm planning on releasing it very soon.

A new version of Chimera has been released. This includes a more powerful interpolation mod, an FPS throttler (technically it just modifies Halo's 30 FPS throttler), and more.

Chimera build 35 changelog:

New commands:
- chimera_auto_stfu            - Say /stfu upon joining.
- chimera_block_lod            - Render all objects at their highest LOD regardless of your distance.
- chimera_throttle_fps         - Throttle your frame rate without enabling vSync.
- chimera_uncap_cinematic      - Disable the 30 FPS cap in cinematics.

New controller-specific commands:
- chimera_auto_uncrouch        - Enable automatic uncrouching a la Xbox when moving at full speed while crouching (enabled by default).
- chimera_block_mouse          - Disable switching to the mouse.
- chimera_deadzone_looking     - Set the deadzone for your controller.
  + chimera_deadzone_looking_zoom_scale can be used to change your deadzone when zoomed in.

New testing commands for map and script writers:
- chimera_budget               - Actively show various budgets (BSP polygons, visible objects, frame rate, etc.)
- chimera_player_coords        - Actively show you your coordinates as you move.
- chimera_tps                  - Set the tick rate of Halo.

Changed features:
- The chimera_interpolate command...
  + ...now has 10 settings (0-9) with higher settings having more interpolation (and more CPU usage).
  + ...can now interpolate rotation of objects for extra smoothness.
  + ...is now multithreaded (can be made single-threaded with chimera_single_core_interpolation).
- Console text colors have been added.
  + General text is white.
  + Errors are orange.
- Deadzones now work in multiplayer servers.

Bug fixes:
- A few crashing issues were fixed.

Other notes:
- The Discord overlay should no longer crash Halo when Chimera is loaded.

Hey-Pi-Ron, swamp, aLTis and 1 other like this