What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kavawuvi

Chimera Questions & Suggestions

151 posts in this topic
On 9/15/2017 at 4:04 AM, aLTis said:

You could just switch FP arms gbxmodel dependancy in globals.globals depending on player's current biped, I think that could work. I made FP hands switching for revolution maps using very hacky ways of scrolling textures and it's not the most efficient way of doing it but it worked.

I believe this is even easier to accomplish with something like OS and it's project yellow system, where you can set up global-explicit, or scenario-explicit references in the form of a .tag_collection, where you would include the fp .gbxmodel tags themselves, and then could use a method involving lua scripting to swap the model out as you would see fit.

I'm not sure how this would be performed specifically, but Nickster says this would be done by finding the memory address for fp arms in the globals tag, and then swap them out with the fp models referenced in the .tag_collection associated with a project yellow tag, or something along those lines.

Tiddy-bits:

Hello! I've been watching from a distance for quite some time. 

Firstly, I just want to say that this mod is absolutely fantastic! You have managed to fix one of the longest standing gripes I and many others have had for the longest of time. Thanks to you, we can enjoy playing Halo Custom Edition with buttery smooth animations. It's like a new game. 

Thank you so much for your contribution! You're awesome, and I can't wait to see what all you come up with, moving forward!

I just have a couple of questions: Are you still working on the server-side Chimera functionality? If so, is there a rough ETA as to when server admins can start deploying said functionality?

.:.:LOADING.:.:

20 minutes ago, ST34MF0X said:

I just have a couple of questions: Are you still working on the server-side Chimera functionality?

Yes.

If so, is there a rough ETA as to when server admins can start deploying said functionality?

Not at the moment. Currently I'm only working with one group for testing the server stuff, and this is because of the nature of how these updates work.

If you need to know what's going on, I'm currently working on getting vehicles going. Controlling the vehicles is smooth as butter and has little to no warping whatsoever - a great improvement over stock Halo. However, vehicles other players are controlling are a little worse than stock aside from the fact that they don't warp now. There's a bit of jitteryness going on, mainly.

As for bipeds, they're much better than stock aside from slight jitters that may happen on occasion, and this is mostly mitigated by interpolation. Player control feels exactly or close to exactly like hosting the game yourself in LAN, except now you have analog movement if you decide to use a controller. You can do tricks like nade jumping and you'll be fine as long as you have a decent connection.

ST34MF0X likes this

Thanks for the quick reply! 

I can definitely see the benefits of your approach. For one, it mitigates the utterly insane number of server-side related bug reports and user-error related "issues" you would be bombarded with, and I would assume makes developing these features easier and as stress-free as possible.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to trying these features out, once deemed ready for the public eye. Until then, I wish you the best of luck.

May the winds of fortune move in your favor.

Edited by ST34MF0X
Takka and Kavawuvi like this

.:.:LOADING.:.:

Hey 002,

I just wanted to thank you greatly for this mod as it is the prime reason which prevented me from playing Halo CE for all these years. The disconnect between animation rate and refresh rate for so many elements on screen really made the game unplayable for me, as capping to 30hz / 30 fps was not an option for input and visual acuity reasons. This fixes that to a point that makes Halo CE the goto version, mouse input also feels amazing. I definitely look forward to see what other directions you can take this and will watch very closely!

BTW, and completely off-topic basically, I am not sure how much experience you have with Halo 2 Vista, but that game has *most*, but not all of its animations capped at 60 fps refresh. Cutscene animations are locked at 30fps for the most part, while some transforms are updated at 60fps (so a characters arms and legs in cutscenes update at 30fps, while their mouth movement is 60fps). Strangely enough, some camera movement is fully interpolated and runs at arbitrary framerates (camera shakes for example run at any framerate). I have no idea if you would ever be interested, or how possible it is, but your skills and attention to detail would be great to be applied to something like Halo 2 Vista which has its own strange framerate / update rate behaviour for animation and input. Heck, I would donate to a patreon for that ;)

Either way, best wishes and many thanks for your Halo CE modding.

The problem: Mouse acceleration (& we all know it's the worst)   

The fixes: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/halospv3/comments/5dk9ta/finallyhalo_ce_mouse_fix_tool_v10_also_open_source

https://www.reddit.com/r/halospv3/comments/6aoxu0/halo_ce_mouse_tool_released_fine_tune_your_mouse

AWilliams17 & Grogel have made progress & there fixes work ok some of the time but they are noobs compared to you, plus i really don't like using external Tools & fiddling with HEX values in Cheat engine, if you could add a command to disable Mouse Acceleration that would be great.

P.S. thanks for making chimera!

P.P.S. i know you've been asked this before:  Raw Mouse Input Hack,  Croire98 requested. if you can't maybe someday when it's open-Source....

-SomeGreatfullFan

Edited by SomeFan

15 minutes ago, AlexHaloCE said:

Can you please explain how to use this timer with Chimera? I don't understand how, and I use version 49. http://prntscr.com/hxfr32

Unfortunately, this isn't possible. Chimera does not have this feature, nor can it run SAPP Lua scripts.