What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Build 33 is released: Interpolation and more!

Chimera has been updated to build 33, which includes the following changes:

Chimera build 33 changelog:

New commands:
- chimera_interpolate          - Enable object movement interpolation per-frame, making objects appear a lot smoother.
- chimera_sens_mouse_<h/v>     - Override your mouse sensitivity with more granular control.
- chimera_sens_values          - Display sensitivity values Halo uses.
- chimera_shrink_empty_weapons - Shrink empty/depleted weapons so you know not to pick them up.

New features:
- Adds a new testing commands category.
  + chimera_force              - Apply velocity to the player.
  + chimera_player_info        - Show coordinates of a player as well as the player's object ID and memory address in the client.
  + chimera_stop               - Remove velocity from the player.
  + chimera_tp                 - Teleport the player to a location on the map.
  + chimera_tpr                - Teleport the player to a location on the map relative to the player.

Other improvements:
- Fixes a bug with Halo where the first person wasn't synced with the game engine's tick rate or game_speed.
- Displays all settings' values in their respective menu.
- Chimera's file size has been reduced to ~1.1 MB.

Fixes:
- Fixes a bug with auto descoping.
- Fixes a bug where one couldn't move in a single player game.

Notes:
- Several features have been hidden from the main menu when on the retail version of the game due to incompatibility. Only Halo Custom Edition is fully supported by Chimera.

kronos, Pfhunkie, giraffe and 1 other like this

Tiddy-bits:

I've been getting a few reports on some crashing issues with build 33. Currently, all released version of Chimera are available, and if you get issues, I recommend using Build 32 until the next released build. This should hopefully be very soon.

Also, a few people were curious on why there's off, low, and high settings to chimera_interpolate as seen in this video:

So I benchmarked The Silent Cartographer with Chimera using different configurations to show you what sort of a performance impact you may get. I can't believe I benchmarked a game that's half way through high school, but I may as well.

EadHtND.png

The testing system is the same PC in my profile: Intel Core i7-6700K, GTX 1070, 16 GB DDR4, and so on.

To remove the GPU as a bottleneck, I ran the game at 900p, putting much of the load on the CPU, plus 900p seems to be what every AAA game runs on console, and Halo Combat Evolved is a AAA console game, right??? Joking aside, after the third benchmark, I realized I had it on my testing shortcut's default 900p windowed mode setting, but I didn't want to redo all of the benchmarks, not that it would have mattered. I could have run this at 4K and I'd still likely be CPU-bound.

To explain the different configurations: Build -3 is the current developmental build. Stock is without Chimera.dll being present in settings folder. Each configuration had three passes, all done on Legendary, so I'm assuming the same enemies and allies should be present.

If you play it in windowed mode, it's obviously going to stutter regardless of if you're using Chimera or not, and if you're playing it on a high refresh rate display, you're going to notice it quickly, and you may even notice it when playing normally. "Worst" takes the longest frame rendered on each benchmark rather than just the minimum recorded by FRAPS, thus the worst stutter recorded is shown here. From what it looks like, just having Chimera installed without setting anything doesn't appear to affect minimum, average, or maximum frame rates, so that's good.

If you're purely CPU bound, expect a 10% drop in average frame rate at low and a 40% drop in average frame rate at high. Because they're extraordinarily high anyway, they can be safely ignored here, but they're included because what's a benchmark without average and max frame rates? You might say "Wait! But you just lost 40% of your average frame rate! 404 FPS is a massive amount!!" and while this is true, if you invert 404 FPS, you get only 0.678 milliseconds per frame, which probably isn't going to be all that perceptible regardless of how MLG you think you are. That said, not everyone is using i7s, so if I throttle my CPU's clock speed to 800 MHz from 4 GHz, the impact of turning on interpolation to high is dropping from 159 FPS average to 96 FPS. Unless you're playing this on a high refresh rate monitor (which if your CPU is this slow, not likely), you should be more worried about the minimum frame rates anyway.

As for minimums, having it set to low incurs a 4.5% drop, and having it on high incurs a 17% drop. If your PC's CPU, for some reason, can only barely play Halo at a decent frame rate, I don't recommend setting it higher than Low.

While there is a performance penalty, why it's not on by default is to remain consistent with other features. I don't have most gameplay-enhancing settings turned on by default, as I want users to pick and choose their enhancements. It's not a gameplay fix like descoping or player_magnetism being broken on the left stick, nor is it technically essential for gameplay.

kronos and Takka like this

I've had people mention to me that sometimes they cannot use their mouse scroll wheel (for adjusting devcam speed and scrolling through the server lobby). It seems this only occurs if you run Halo in windowed mode and focus on a different window before Halo's window opens. The issue can be fixed by alt-tabbing from Halo to a different window and then back to Halo. However, if you have chimera_tab_out_video enabled then tabbing out won't fix the issue.

I figure it'd be better for you to include a fix in chimera, rather than for me make a DLL just for this. Here is a signature "A3 ?? ?? ?? ?? EB 0E 68 ?? ?? ?? ?? 50 E8". The scroll wheel will work if the value is greater than 0 and less than or equal to 120.

Kavawuvi likes this

I've greatly reduced the CPU usage of high interpolation. It's still going to be a measurable drop, but probably not close to a 40% dip as was found in earlier benchmarks.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:29 PM, giraffe said:

I've had people mention to me that sometimes they cannot use their mouse scroll wheel (for adjusting devcam speed and scrolling through the server lobby). It seems this only occurs if you run Halo in windowed mode and focus on a different window before Halo's window opens. The issue can be fixed by alt-tabbing from Halo to a different window and then back to Halo. However, if you have chimera_tab_out_video enabled then tabbing out won't fix the issue.

I figure it'd be better for you to include a fix in chimera, rather than for me make a DLL just for this. Here is a signature "A3 ?? ?? ?? ?? EB 0E 68 ?? ?? ?? ?? 50 E8". The scroll wheel will work if the value is greater than 0 and less than or equal to 120.

I've never encountered this issue, but I'll give it a look.

Takka likes this

36 minutes ago, 002 said:

I've never encountered this issue, but I'll give it a look.

At the beginning of the video chimera_tab_out_video is not enabled, yet Halo thinks it's window is focused.

1 hour ago, ItzMeFizzie said:

I didn't get a dll file, i got a 7Z file called "Chimera_build_32.7z"

7z files can be extracted with WinRAR or 7zip.

Kavawuvi, ItzMeFizzie and Sceny like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0