Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

EST. 14th of February, 2012

Kavawuvi

Chimera (1.0 beta)

296 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Found out the reason, see bottom of post.

Does Chimera cache the controls folder? I made some updates to a plugin I placed in there and whenever I run Halo with the Chimera strings.dll, it loads the stale version of that plugin that first loaded with the new version of Chimera.

Even when I delete my plugin from the controls folder, the plugin still loads :spooky:.

Using vanilla Strings.dll fixes this behaviour; the new version of the plugin is used or, if deleted, it is never loaded at all.

I understand my plugin is not likely to be compatible with Chimera, but I have been making a number of edits to my plugin to attempt compatibility.

EDIT

Nevermind, found out I still had the mods folder present with a stale copy.

Edited by PiRate
woops

Tiddy-bits:

@Kavawuvi, this is the first time I have installed and used Chimera (installed beta 4) and I have to just thank you for all the effort put into this, its genuinely great.

I downloaded and installed the pre-built dll for beta 4 as per the readme, and everything is fantasic, but on trying out the dedicated server I have no maps at all (as per sv_maplist). Is there some crucial config I'm missing? I apologise in advance if this is not the place to ask.

54 minutes ago, Tricky said:

@Kavawuvi, this is the first time I have installed and used Chimera (installed beta 4) and I have to just thank you for all the effort put into this, its genuinely great.

I downloaded and installed the pre-built dll for beta 4 as per the readme, and everything is fantasic, but on trying out the dedicated server I have no maps at all (as per sv_maplist). Is there some crucial config I'm missing? I apologise in advance if this is not the place to ask.

Presently, Chimera doesn't work on the dedicated server. There's a lot of work to be done with that. Sorry :/

I've added a number of features to chimera.ini:

• halo.optimal_defaults is now used to turn on Chimera's default commands. Chimera no longer does this by default, though the included INI will have this value set.
  • halo.hash can be used to set either a random or custom hash to prevent servers from tracking you.
  • halo.multiple_instances can be used to launch multiple instances of the game, though you will need to set -cport and -port yourself.
  • halo.background_playback can be used to allow Halo to run in the background without suspending the game (this was formerly a command from a past build - now it's an ini thing, and it works much better)
  • halo.console replaces chimera_enable_console
  • scoreboard.font can be used to change the scoreboard font to another builtin font in the map

Also, I've updated chimera_teleport to allow you to teleport a player to specific coordinates or to another player.

I've also added a new command: chimera_block_extra_weapoon. This will block your currently held weapon if you are holding more than two weapons. This is useful for servers that choose to give you three or four weapons instead of two. Removing the extra weapon slot will probably give you a slight unfair advantage in this case since other players have to wait an extra 0.3 seconds or so to switch to the desired weapon, but fortunately, I don't care.

I also fixed an issue with chat not working properly with certain name characters.

I also fixed @Tricky's issue with the dedicated server not listing servers if Chimera is installed. Chimera currently isn't a full server mod, but I may end up exploring this route when I add Lua scripting.

Enclusion and Tucker933 like this

1 hour ago, Kavawuvi said:

I also fixed @Tricky's issue with the dedicated server not listing servers if Chimera is installed. Chimera currently isn't a full server mod, but I may end up exploring this route when I add Lua scripting.

So what you're basically saying is..... KAVAEUVI IS LITERALLY MAKING A SAPP MODERN DAY  REPLACEMENT WITH MANY GREAT IMPROVEMENTS AFTER YEARS OF BEING A TOP INTELLECT IN THE HALO COMMUNITY?!?! 

A man can dream, I guess :P

Keep up the good work. I highly doubt I'd still be playing as often as I do without the wonderful work you and the others have done on chimera. 

ST34MF0X and Tucker933 like this

I've gotten some more work done with Chimera, including more work with dedicated server compatibility.

Also, people have been complaining about server timers not working properly due to Chimera's chat. In actuality, Chimera's chat can be used to enhance server timers without having them clutter your console.

pw4Nju0.png

EDIT: I've decided to upload a build that has the new ini fields.

Enclusion and ST34MF0X like this