Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

Floureon BM-800 Condenser Microphone

C4inO6f.jpg

Product on Amazon

I found myself in need of a new mic, and enjoyed the freedom of an area mic so I avoided going to headset route. I found this one with fantastic reviews and market down quite a bit, so it quickly became my choice.

Firstly, if you haven't had any experience with studio microphones you should know that you're going to need to spend more than just the cost of the mic. The power supply and stand almost never come included, and this one in particular required a fairly standard 48v power supply such as this one.

This microphone comes with good vibration dampening, and can easily pick me up from across my bedroom about 15ft away without anyone knowing I've moved from being right next to it. As far as audio quality, I've only ever tested it with my voice echoed back to myself, but it's by far the clearest audio I've ever recorded (which isn't a particularly high bar, but this was damn good).

D6XZLlb.png

• Fantastic build quality for the price, compared to its competition.
  • Wonderful audio quality that makes me feel like I have virgin ears.

Dislikes

• Doesn't come with a power supply or stand, but it's a studio mic so that's unrealistic to expect.
buttonspectre and WaeV like this

tycho.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I got this exact microphone from my mom for christmas, and I can confirm, it's amazing. I use it to record sound effects for my unreal engine dickery and it always comes out crystal clear.

I don't have a stand for it, I just prop it up on my desk.

Tucker933 likes this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you