What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kru

"Everything's fucking shit" Thread

3,501 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I'd like to get back into management anyway, that's what I really enjoyed. I just couldn't make the transition from managing to physical labor, I guess; they said I just worked too slowly.

Pra3tor1an likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

Have to go to truancy court soon. My attendance is lackluster at best, but I try.

I'm now in 9th grade, approaching the end of the school year, with many stressing factors such as:

-Getting a decent job to support my financially crumbling family

-Worrying about my GF and our relationship (For anyone that might be like "meh teenage problems" we have been friends since elementary school and started dating at the beginning of the year. If we broke up we just couldn't go back to being friends again, or really even talk)

-Maintaining hobbies so I don't go insane. These mostly include things with electronics. Apparently the Judge can order me to stop doing my hobbies entirely until I'm out of the school system, and he/she can take my things. What a wonderful world we live in.

-Social life. I moved schools and all my friends, and my GF, stayed behind. "If I don't pass, will they move on?" frequently passes through my mind.

-People tell me I need help and medication and therapy and I've tried it all before.
Sure, there's thousands of different medications and millions of therapists I've never tried. But by the time I find the one that works, chances are I'll have failed school and be out of a job without someone to stand by me.

Hit me up on Xbox 360 for GTA, Forza or Halo. My GT is SupaTrolol.

Seriously fuck government-mandated education.

"Education at all costs, even at the expense of the child."

Umh7x1l.gif

I learnt way more AFTER I left school. School doesn't teach you things you really need to know for life. You can go back to education any time of your life, you just need to find your "skill" or the thing you really want to do. 

I left school with shite results, I'm a helicopter engineer with 26 yrs experience earning just short of 40k (pounds) so that's like 60k us dollars.

TCK, xvii and Sceny like this

8269120180172123489.png

I'd like to get back into management anyway, that's what I really enjoyed. I just couldn't make the transition from managing to physical labor, I guess; they said I just worked too slowly.

A lot of places also use the "too slow" excuse to fire you for pretty much any reason. Gotta love it.

Doldrums.png

Yeah I thought I was working about as fast as everyone else. They'd all been working there for years though (except the owner's daughter who was working there since November).

Umh7x1l.gif

Hectic schedule today and eldest decides he's not going to school. FML I'm not cut out to be a parent of special needs kids, it's doing my head in.

Footnote: Go to school kids, make it a little easier on your parents as the torment they go through is no different to the pain you feel in your young years.