Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Kru

"Everything's fucking shit" Thread

3,463 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I hate making command-line utilties, but I would feel bad if I released any Mac-only programs on this community. If I only I could figure out how to write GUI-driven Halo tools for Windows, then I could make some really awesome things for you guys instead of making confusing command-line utilities.

I can easily make a GUI in OS X, because I don't have to build any extra libraries, as all of my code is compiled at once.

With Windows, it's so confusing, because C# doesn't directly take C code, forcing me to make a .dll file with my functions in it, and I can't figure out how to make one work. I like C#, and I can't think of any easier way for me to write a GUI-driven program in Windows without using C#. I'll keep trying, and I'll also keep grunting in rage. One day I'll figure it out, one online tutorial at a time :P

Edited by 002
Floofies likes this

Out of my antacid meds =| more coming ...in 2 weeks.

I'm in the same boat. Acid reflux disease is fucking annoying.

Yeeeah... I was going into Game of Thrones withdrawals.

That and Cosmossssss

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.          

People are being idiots on HaloMD with their servers. One popular server, the admin gave his rcon password to some idiots and cheaters.

Edited by 002

Drove to mcdonalds, placed order, waited for several minutes, order was ready, go outside, car lights left on.

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-10.gif

MFW My phone's at my house, and it's jumpstart from the creepy guy in the parking lot or hoof-it home. My feet are killing me and my knees are shot.

I have to get a 50 minute train back to my hometown for a 3 minute orthodontist appointment, and then get another 50 minute train straight back.

amazing.

I was trying out all of the "naughty commands" in SAPP. I came across the color command. So, I wasted about half an hour or so trying to use it, finding that it did nothing. So, I re-read the description again... and I noticed I was in a CTF game.

color <player_expr> [index] Changes the color of the given players (after respawn, only in not team games).

http://xhalo.tk/naughty-commands

SAPP can't do this in team games? What the hell? Why limit a command to only FFA games? What is the point of that?

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-29%20at%208.35.2

After changing a single instruction, I can do it in HaloMD, and it's CSS. SAPP should be able to do it.

Edited by 002