What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kru

"Everything's fucking shit" Thread

3,501 posts in this topic

In an attempt to upgrade my Xbox HDD, i managed to make it not work on my Xbox. Possibly lost game saves and DLC.

Tiddy-bits:

Okay so I've been going to this Mobil station (Mobil is owned by 7-11 btw) to fix their shitty network. The roof caved in and water flooded almost everything, so stuff wasn't fucking working. Their shitty little router crapped out and I spent 2 days troubleshooting it before they sent me a new one... without the right fucking expansion card in it, so I had to order the fucking expansion card and wait 8 more hours! Yay! When it finally got there I needed to configure it, the remote tech guys say they want me to use teamviewer...

What the fuck...? Teamviewer? Do they honestly think I shoot an internet connection out of my asshole? One of the tech guys even says "Well you should have a 4G dongle on you", I what? That shit costs MONEY SON, I'LL SHOW YOU MY DONGLE MOTHERFUCKER! So I come up with a plan, they can just email me the config file and I'll load it on my phone (Which has a 4G LTE connection), then upload it to my laptop, and then send it over the console cable to the router. Sounds easy ri-NO IT WASN'T HOLY GOD. There was 0% reception in the fucking store, to load/text/call anyone/anything I had to walk out into the hot/wet parking lot (Yay Florida weather, where it can go from 99 degrees to 70 before I even finish a sentence) and wait 5 minutes for it to come in on the spotty connection. When I finally loaded up their shitty config into my phone, I realized I'd made a mistake: I didn't bring a fucking cable for my iPhone. Normally I bring one, BUT NOOOO THAT ONE DAY I DIDN'T BECAUSE I WAS TIRED FROM NO SLEEP AND FORGOT! So the manager, who is a nice guy really, went to his girlfriends house and got her iPhone cable for me. Without his fucking girlfriend, I would have been doomed.

I somehow managed to get it going across that console cable in hyperterm, miraculously.... it didn't work. Apparently the coders who made it made a few mistakes, so they took a look at it and just wrote up a new one from scratch, which I loaded into my shitty iPhone 5 yet again, and onto the router. That shit didn't work either, in fact it had MORE errors than the first one. After 2 hours of dicking around in hyperterm, I was half expecting the router to send me little message saying: "Go away, I don't like your kind!". I persevered, and viola after a buttfuck stupid process that involved copying half of the code at a time, it worked. Then I had to go on to the WET PRINTER.

When I first got there, everyone was saying "THE PRINTER AND ISP IS WET", well no shit, there was water POURING from this fucking thing:

IMG_0722.JPG

See this little fucking box? That's a the junction box for the Veeder-Root pump controller for the fucking GASOLINE right under my feet. Water was flowing out of it non-stop for 2 days.

What does the pump controller say, you ask?

IMG_0721.JPG

Oh.

So, what else was wet? All of this shit:

IMG_0719.JPG

So, they sent me a new printer. Or... was it? I replaced the old printer which was leaking water like a fucking water fountain everywhere, and made sure the new one was all nice and dry. I did some basic configuration and tried to get it set up with the remote techs so they could configure it more... and it didn't work. No matter what we fucking tried, we couldn't even fucking ping it over the network. I was there for hours fucking with this thing until I realized: the new printer wasn't new at all. It was used! When I first took it out of the box it was spattered with ink/toner, there were no safety pulls (little orange tabs you pull out, they're there so nothing moves around in the printer), and there was no manufacturer plastic (those little plastic sheets that cover the shiny parts). Oh, it also wouldn't fucking take paper from the paper tray until it somehow started working randomly.

Everyone I talked to said "Well I guess it's DOA, get a new one!". So I tried, and guess what fucking happened: They said no, said "Stop it Daniel!", and to tell them "what was REALLY going on." Hahaha what, are you people fucking kidding me!? I just worked on this fucking job for 4 days in a row, every day, going back and forth fixing your shitty little store and now you're saying I'm bullshitting you? Don't make me fucking laugh! They wanted PROOF, that the printer THEY sent me, was used. Wouldn't they know if their own damn hardware was used or not? I am not going back to that shithole until they order a new printer, that's all.

The funny thing is, all the remote tech guys said they liked me. When I told one of them my full name, he said "Oh, you're that Daniel? I've heard a lot about you! You sure do know what you're doing over there. Everyone is talking about you in the office." It's really a testament to the arrogance that comes with being in a high up position, the people actually working on the job know how to act, but the assholes in head corporate would rather believe I'm lying than just check their own fucking records.

Kvasir, Luke and Kavawuvi like this

-biggu snippu-

You should look for a steady service tech job. That contracting shit is gonna take like ten years off your life.

You should look for a steady service tech job. That contracting shit is gonna take like ten years off your life.

I would love to, but I can't right now. No one would hire me. :P

in the past 3 days, i have worked 39 hours... 730 to 4 landscaping and 6 to 11 stocking shelves at a grocery store... finally some time off

I hate to be "this guy" but after saying you didn't have a 4G dongle to use TeamViewer, you said you received an E-Mail through your 4G phone. You do realize you could have used that phone as a dongle, right?

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz