What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kru

"Everything's fucking shit" Thread

3,501 posts in this topic

Whilst my back pain has subsided a secondary pain (my knee) is keeping me awake at night so in attempt to get some good sleep I've taken a 'valium' relaxant. I'm in hope that this relaxes the muscles causing my pain and sends me into a nice uninterrupted nights rest.

Tiddy-bits:

5 hours ago, Krazychic said:

My fur baby has gone missing.  Considering he is an indoor cat only, I fear the worst but hold hope he will come home.

=[

How long has he been gone?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

TL;DR - Life is being shitty atm and stay away from Ford vehicles.

Spoiler

To give some context on the frustration with this scenario, my GF and I spent the night in the emergency room due to a cyst almost larger than half the size of her right ovary. We were hoping it didn't rupture, but luckily it didn't.

The next morning (Friday), we were running errands since it was my day off and we were going to snag her prescription from the pharmacy. To start, we couldn't get my GFs prescription for her pain medication because the pharmacist had a policy of not giving anyone controlled-substances without insurance because he wanted a paper trail from the insurance company to make sure we weren't pharmacy hopping for pain medication. My GF doesn't get any benefits at her job.

As we're leaving, this is where the fun starts. I've had issues with my car (2013 Ford Focus SE) where it would do a slow crank (hesitant) and everyone had told me that it was most likely a weak battery. It doesn't make sense, because I just bought this new battery 2 or so months ago for this same exact issue. My first thought was that it was a slow leak/short somewhere in the entertainment system, because magically my Bluetooth system stopped working completely around March of this year. I never bothered to fix it and just used my auxiliary port for my music in the car.

Anyway, the car died right in the parking lot. Called roadside assistance (ironically getting a jump pack at Advanced Auto was on the agenda when we left the pharmacy), and they could not jump the car. We tried one jump pack, wouldn't start. Got a different jump pack, still wouldn't start. Got TWO jumppacks connected to the damn thing, still wouldn't start. My car was completely dead at this point and even if it was the alternator, a jump would have started it.

I get my car towed to the Ford dealership right down the road (still don't have my GFs pain medication and she is hurting), and they start doing their initial diagnostic. First, they found the battery had a collapsed cell. I called Advanced Auto to try to get warranty information to swap it because it had a year warranty, and ironically they didn't have ANY information from me for a battery warranty, despite me going there for car shit for over a year (really makes you think...). So my choice was A), carry the battery down the road 2 miles to get them to swap it or B) pay $170 for Ford's battery with a 3 year warranty covered by the dealership. I got the Ford battery not only because I wasn't walking my ass 2 miles with a car battery, but if it failed it would be on Ford, fully covered. They also needed it because they could only do their first layer diagnostics because they couldn't complete the circuit with the collapsed cell.

So now, they come back and tell me that the starter is shot. I kind of expected that, but it was either A), I use an aftermarket starter which is $200+ or B) I can wait until Monday to get Ford's $160 starter. Also fully covered under Warranty. So, once again, I went with Ford's hardware. In total, the estimated cost of all of this is fucking $670. I blew a gasket right in the Ford dealership because of this, but at this point I have no choice. I asked them for financing options and the only thing they will let me do is sign up for their credit card to pay for it.

They still have not found the source of the slow leak and applied labor charges to replace the starter. The only good thing that came out of this was that they replaced the latches on my door for free because of a recall.

In my opinion, if you're going to buy a car, stay away from Ford, especially used. What could have been an easy starter and battery replacement ended up being a fucking science experiment to the mechanics. They will rape you for every nickle and dime you have.

Edited by Solaris

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

4 hours ago, Solaris said:

TL;DR - Life is being shitty atm and stay away from Ford vehicles.

Hide contents

To give some context on the frustration with this scenario, my GF and I spent the night in the emergency room due to a cyst almost larger than half the size of her right ovary. We were hoping it didn't rupture, but luckily it didn't.

The next morning (Friday), we were running errands since it was my day off and we were going to snag her prescription from the pharmacy. To start, we couldn't get my GFs prescription for her pain medication because the pharmacist had a policy of not giving anyone controlled-substances without insurance because he wanted a paper trail from the insurance company to make sure we weren't pharmacy hopping for pain medication. My GF doesn't get any benefits at her job.

As we're leaving, this is where the fun starts. I've had issues with my car (2013 Ford Focus SE) where it would do a slow crank (hesitant) and everyone had told me that it was most likely a weak battery. It doesn't make sense, because I just bought this new battery 2 or so months ago for this same exact issue. My first thought was that it was a slow leak/short somewhere in the entertainment system, because magically my Bluetooth system stopped working completely around March of this year. I never bothered to fix it and just used my auxiliary port for my music in the car.

Anyway, the car died right in the parking lot. Called roadside assistance (ironically getting a jump pack at Advanced Auto was on the agenda when we left the pharmacy), and they could not jump the car. We tried one jump pack, wouldn't start. Got a different jump pack, still wouldn't start. Got TWO jumppacks connected to the damn thing, still wouldn't start. My car was completely dead at this point and even if it was the alternator, a jump would have started it.

I get my car towed to the Ford dealership right down the road (still don't have my GFs pain medication and she is hurting), and they start doing their initial diagnostic. First, they found the battery had a collapsed cell. I called Advanced Auto to try to get warranty information to swap it because it had a year warranty, and ironically they didn't have ANY information from me for a battery warranty, despite me going there for car shit for over a year (really makes you think...). So my choice was A), carry the battery down the road 2 miles to get them to swap it or B) pay $170 for Ford's battery with a 3 year warranty covered by the dealership. I got the Ford battery not only because I wasn't walking my ass 2 miles with a car battery, but if it failed it would be on Ford, fully covered. They also needed it because they could only do their first layer diagnostics because they couldn't complete the circuit with the collapsed cell.

So now, they come back and tell me that the starter is shot. I kind of expected that, but it was either A), I use an aftermarket starter which is $200+ or B) I can wait until Monday to get Ford's $160 starter. Also fully covered under Warranty. So, once again, I went with Ford's hardware. In total, the estimated cost of all of this is fucking $670. I blew a gasket right in the Ford dealership because of this, but at this point I have no choice. I asked them for financing options and the only thing they will let me do is sign up for their credit card to pay for it.

They still have not found the source of the slow leak and applied labor charges to replace the starter. The only good thing that came out of this was that they replaced the latches on my door for free because of a recall.

In my opinion, if you're going to buy a car, stay away from Ford, especially used. What could have been an easy starter and battery replacement ended up being a fucking science experiment to the mechanics. They will rape you for every nickle and dime you have.

Did you happen to get your advance battery back from Ford?   If it's under warranty you can usually get a refund for it even though you didn't replace it with an advance Auto battery.   Just show them the Ford receipt.  

Source: I use to sling parts for AutoZone, wife's the hnic of an oreilly's.     

PS.   Advance Auto parts sucks :)

Solaris likes this

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

11 hours ago, DiSiAC said:

Did you happen to get your advance battery back from Ford?   If it's under warranty you can usually get a refund for it even though you didn't replace it with an advance Auto battery.   Just show them the Ford receipt.  

Source: I use to sling parts for AutoZone, wife's the hnic of an oreilly's.     

PS.   Advance Auto parts sucks :)

I was a dumb ass and threw away the receipt for the car battery from Advanced. We asked if they could find out the warranty information from the serial of the battery and we had to wait for a manager to come out to the store to do it, so I'm just going to keep the battery for now and take it in when I get this whole thing situated. I told them to let me keep the battery, but without the receipt I think they're only going to give me a replacement, not a refund.

I'd much rather go to an O'Reilly's than Advanced. I've had hit an miss experiences with Auto Zone. Mostly just due to lazy staff that didn't want to replace a battery, because they didn't want to get tools to unscrew my chassis.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

The company that bought the company I was last working for, which then laid me off, is now also buying the new company I've recently started working for..... So yay, let's do it all again!

Skeezix the Cat and Puddin like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

3 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

The company that bought the company I was last working for, which then laid me off, is now also buying the new company I've recently started working for..... So yay, let's do it all again!

No wonder they have given you the run around....fucktards!!