What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kru

"Everything's fucking shit" Thread

3,501 posts in this topic

The whole sound design was awful, in my humble opinion. I don't think I've ever complained about sound design in a game before but Halo 4, I'm telling you...

I hated it so much that I had to take frequent breaks for my ears to adjust.

If I didn't:

headache that starts with me going half fucking blind followed up with a delightfully painful migraine that nothing short of prescription painkillers can rectify.

NeX likes this

Tiddy-bits:

I don't know anything about Halo 4, but I bet Brutal Doom's extremely shitty sound design would make Halo 4's sound great in comparison.

Floofies likes this

bZL1xvV.png

I have this weird recurring headache that starts with me going half fucking blind followed up with a delightfully painful migraine that nothing short of prescription painkillers can rectify. I thought I met the quota for them this month, but life gave me a big fat 'nope'.

Normally I'd just stop bitching and just go to sleep for the day, but I've got to work tonight. Fug -_-

I take it back. Apparently a few hours of minimum wage labor is the best cure for any malady. Thanks, Comrade Capitalism!

Though I did feel like retching the entire time :ph34r:

Medical insurance is fucking me over, again. They keep cancelling my payments without telling me, until I find out the hard way, and they give me different excuses as to why (always their fault).

Ryx and Floofies like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I have to use crappy ancient computers at college, though I'm sure many schools have shitty computers. The computers takes 10+ minutes to start up and to be usable, most of the time being used to load "personalized settings", which are wiped every time I log out, anyway. Opening a web browser takes forever. The operating system is Windows 7, and it has a Core 2 Duo processor, which as we know, isn't a very fast processor.

Though I didn't time it with a stopwatch, Windows 7 can show a clock with a seconds hand, so I used that, closing the program before opening the next one.

Microsoft Internet Explorer takes 6 seconds for the window to open.

Google Chrome takes 12 seconds for the window to open.

Mozilla Firefox takes 14 seconds for the window to open.

You guys can disagree with me all you want, but I'll have to say Internet Explorer is the fastest browser on this computer. I've had no problems using Internet Explorer on it, either, and it's hilarious how you PC users hate so many things about your PCs, whether it be Internet Explorer, Windows 8, or Windows Vista, yet you rave about how much better PCs are than Macs. After you say "Get a PC" to someone, you should then say "You'll hate just about everything, like the web browser and Windows itself (unless you buy the outdated Windows 7), but it's much better than your Mac, because it's cheaper, runs more games, and more people have one." Go figure.

Don't get me wrong. I like Windows, and I find it to be a incredibly capable operating system. I don't like brand loyalty and hypocrisy, though, which I see from both the PC people and Mac users. If you guys don't like Windows 8 or Internet Explorer, stop telling other people to use it, then. Of course, with Macs, people should stop boasting about how much more secure OS X is than Windows. The App Store creates only the illusion of security.

Continuing this post, I'll compare this computer to my $50 computer, the Raspberry Pi. My Raspberry Pi's ssh server becomes available after 27-30 seconds of booting. Once the ssh server is available, I can use it to access the internet. The included Midori web browser takes a little over 6 seconds to open, though I prefer to just use the raspberry pi as an ssh tunnel with my own web browser, which takes less than 1 second to open.

The specifications of my Raspberry Pi:

700MHz ARM (supports overclocking)

512MB RAM

32GB SD Card

The ordureomatic

3GHz Intel Core® 2 Duo

2GB DDR2

500GB HDD

I often bring my laptop with me to college, because it doesn't take forever. As similar Office 2010 is to Office 2013 (free Office 365 from college :D), the themes are different, and the book is very specific about what theme to use, so I am forced to use the college's shitty pile of cords in a shitty plastic container with a shitty logo on it that they call a "computer" every monday, wednesday, and friday.

Edited by 002

I feel like I can't comment on the above post without coming off as an ass, so I won't.

But speaking of asses, mine hurts like hell right now from morning's workout. And only the right side, strangely enough. Have you ever tried to massage your butt in public?

Floofies likes this

I have to use crappy ancient computers at college, though I'm sure many schools have shitty computers. The computers takes 10+ minutes to start up and to be usable, most of the time being used to load "personalized settings", which are wiped every time I log out, anyway. Opening a web browser takes forever. The operating system is Windows 7, and it has a Core 2 Duo processor, which as we know, isn't a very fast processor.

Though I didn't time it with a stopwatch, Windows 7 can show a clock with a seconds hand, so I used that, closing the program before opening the next one.

Microsoft Internet Explorer takes 6 seconds for the window to open.

Google Chrome takes 12 seconds for the window to open.

Mozilla Firefox takes 14 seconds for the window to open.

You guys can disagree with me all you want, but I'll have to say Internet Explorer is the fastest browser on this computer. I've had no problems using Internet Explorer on it, either, and it's hilarious how you PC users hate so many things about your PCs, whether it be Internet Explorer, Windows 8, or Windows Vista, yet you rave about how much better PCs are than Macs. After you say "Get a PC" to someone, you should then say "You'll hate just about everything, like the web browser and Windows itself (unless you buy the outdated Windows 7), but it's much better than your Mac, because it's cheaper, runs more games, and more people have one." Go figure.

Don't get me wrong. I like Windows, and I find it to be a incredibly capable operating system. I don't like brand loyalty and hypocrisy, though, which I see from both the PC people and Mac users. If you guys don't like Windows 8 or Internet Explorer, stop telling other people to use it, then. Of course, with Macs, people should stop boasting about how much more secure OS X is than Windows. The App Store creates only the illusion of security.

Continuing this post, I'll compare this computer to my $50 computer, the Raspberry Pi. My Raspberry Pi's ssh server becomes available after 27-30 seconds of booting. Once the ssh server is available, I can use it to access the internet. The included Midori web browser takes a little over 6 seconds to open, though I prefer to just use the raspberry pi as an ssh tunnel with my own web browser, which takes less than 1 second to open.

The specifications of my Raspberry Pi:

700MHz ARM (supports overclocking)

512MB RAM

32GB SD Card

The ordureomatic

3GHz Intel Core® 2 Duo

2GB DDR2

500GB HDD

I often bring my laptop with me to college, because it doesn't take forever. As similar Office 2010 is to Office 2013 (free Office 365 from college :D), the themes are different, and the book is very specific about what theme to use, so I am forced to use the college's shitty pile of cords in a shitty plastic container with a shitty logo on it that they call a "computer" every monday, wednesday, and friday.

tldr nerds like to circlejerk about dumb shit constantly.

That said I still think OS X is fucking stupid as hell, even after using it every day for the last couple months. 

The option key makes me want to jump off a cliff, and the setting to remap it is blocked on the school macs.

e: As far as serious gripes go though, for me it's less about it not behaving like windows, and more about it not behaving like linux.

Edited by Luke

tldr nerds like to circlejerk about dumb shit constantly.

That said I still think OS X is fucking stupid as hell, even after using it every day for the last couple months. 

The option key makes me want to jump off a cliff, and the setting to remap it is blocked on the school macs.

e: As far as serious gripes go though, for me it's less about it not behaving like windows, and more about it not behaving like linux.

I'm just sick of people complaining about Windows 8 and Internet Explorer, then turning around and telling everyone who doesn't use a PC that they should use it. I like Windows 8, and I use Internet Explorer when Firefox isn't available. They're both awesome browsers, but I like Firefox because that's simply what I am used to.

I am sick of:

• People being hypocritical about telling other people to "Get a PC", which comes with Internet Explorer and Windows 8, both of which the people hate, then telling them to get the outdated Windows 7.
  • People being defensive about what browser they use, when it accomplishes the same purpose that any other browser needs to do: access the internet.
  • People confusing quality with price. Despite costing only $20 to get an install disc (and a free 10.9 upgrade), OS X can't be installed on anything that doesn't have an Apple logo on it (very expensive for one of those), it's no more secure than Windows, and the advertising Apple uses is exaggerated or plain wrong. "Macs can't get viruses" is bullshit, and anyone who believes this or that Windows is only for business users need to get punched in the balls by a sledgehammer.  
  • and more...

However, I'm more pissed off about the slow machines from hell at school, though. If you want to open up a word document, you must wait 15 minutes. 8 minutes to boot, 6 minutes to log in, and 1 minute to open Word. It's ridiculous that I must wait for "personalized settings" to load, when they are wiped every time I log out, anyway.

Edited by 002

The great thing about PC is the amount of choice there is. Don't like this OS? Get another one. Could even go with Linux rather than Windows altogether. Don't like the browser? Get another one. You're missing the point of loving PCs when you're judging us for disliking the default options.

Floofies likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

The great thing about PC is the amount of choice there is. Don't like this OS? Get another one. Could even go with Linux rather than Windows altogether. Don't like the browser? Get another one. You're missing the point of loving PCs when you're judging us for disliking the default options.

I don't think I've ever liked the default options on anything, it's got nothing to do with PC's. It's just as applicable to Macs and... toasters. It's more reasonable to say that most PC users are just more picky (makes sense to me), and really doesn't have much to do with Windows.

Pfhunkie likes this