What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kru

"Everything's fucking shit" Thread

3,501 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I haven't had hot water for days. Just found out it could be like this for another 4-5 days...

5 hours ago, Sceny said:

I haven't had hot water for days. Just found out it could be like this for another 4-5 days...

Why?

If you can afford it buy an electric thermos. At least you could have a decent amount of hot water to use instead of reboiling a kettle.

unknown.png?width=346&height=300

Enclusion likes this

Power went out a few hours before I went to sleep, luckily it was back on when I woke up.  This has happened before where it lasted a few days before they got it back on during an ice storm that knocked out power for a good portion of the city area.  Usually when the power goes out, it's kind of a nuisance, but this time I was thinking "I'm Free!"  like the electronic devices rule my life, it's nice to have an uncontrollable interruption in that flow to re-organize thoughts.  But in the past having no heat and no hot water during those few days in the winter was not fun.

Enclusion likes this

6 hours ago, mouseboyx said:

Power went out a few hours before I went to sleep, luckily it was back on when I woke up.

We just expereinced a 27 hour power outage due to a horrific wind storm In Melbourne (Australia). Normally we don't get outages due to being on the hospital grid and our lines are underground.

Fortunate for us our power was restored before the predicted 4 days but 752 homes just in my area went without, some a lot longer than I endured, many still have no power.

Enclusion likes this

7 minutes ago, Krazychic said:

We just expereinced a 27 hour power outage due to a horrific wind storm In Melbourne (Australia). Normally we don't get outages due to being on the hospital grid and our lines are underground.

Fortunate for us our power was restored before the predicted 4 days but 752 homes just in my area went without, some a lot longer than I endured, many still have no power.

I don't think I've ever gone without power that long, at least not that I remember. Must be a big pain! Glad it's back online. 

Krazychic likes this

Had to resign from current job I just started due to a fucked up and confusing situation that I was put into. Long story short, don't create an obligation for someone else, especially people close to you, without their consent... 

Takka, Sunstriker7 and Enclusion like this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

minor in the grand scheme of things but just realized that i was invited to the halo infinite flighting on an email i don't check often and missed the whole thing fml

Sunstriker7 likes this